River Trent Mirror

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

Hell of a powerhouse at its rear-end, that one!

C

~Cider Bob~

Cracking fish...check out the size of its paddle.

What was the weight mate?

CRITTER

Reaction score
did you catch it on ya special baits kidder?

if so id get some more knocked up as they have proved them selves again !

but all i can say is text me that addative you use as i cant get my baits to smell like yours .

CRITTER

Reaction score
that other fish is nice boy......but whats going on with its snout?

look just text me the damb addative mate and ill get to making them for the next sesh

dont be shy pra tell good budd.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

CAT

Reaction score
There are not many Bolies that can produce 3 Double figure River Carp in an hour and a half and there only available from one place Critter. lol

CRITTER

Reaction score
now all you need is a double figure bream and you can finish your year off on a high mate!

sounds like a session in the making to me, or round two on the valley ?

T

TT

shep says,,, well done cat thats a beaut ..... i have never had a carp out of the trent critters had plenty .and he never fogets to remind me .so well done dude can,t wait to get one myself,

Deanos

Reaction score
That’s a beautiful carp.River carp are pretty rare in the rivers directly around my home town in Yorkshire, but there are a few and will definitely be a target for me next year.Do you have a problem with chub/barbel competing for the bait if the river carp are your main target fish.Theidea of fishing for river carp excites me a whole lot more than still water pursuit.

CAT

Reaction score
Cheers Shep and Family see you soon on Rother Valley /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Deano,

The best advise i can give you is tofish Big Baits nothing less than 2 X 20mm Hair riggedto a size 4-6 Believe me it is only a deterrent though asthe Bream will still have a go but only the big ones and the odd Kamikaze Chub, as for Barbel this will single out the bigger fish most of the time buta Carp ofDouble figureshas no problem wolfing them down!

Nick D

Reaction score
Are there many carp in the trent? i only ask as i was thinking of targeting those in the stretches of the avon i can fish but am worried they will be a little hard to locate.

CRITTER

Reaction score
cat are we gonna get onto the valley soon ?

before the bream retreat to the depths for winter who knows might even slap a pike rod out and see what turns up.