carp travel rod

T

ted clarke

Hi can anyone help, I am looking for a carp travel rod.

I like the look of the fox 5pc trekker rod and the normark nova 5pc rod.

also the shimano exage stc travel rod, I dont know which one is best so any help will be gratefull. Thanks

mogs

Reaction score
I have 2 shimano exage 2 3/4lbs. I bought one last year for day trips for pike and was so impressed with the quality and playing action that i bought another one 3 weeks ago.

tc1

Reaction score
thanks mogs very helpful.

does anyone know about the other ones.

Gareth Watkins

Reaction score
Hi there

Free Spirit do a nice four piece travel rod..the "Carp Tamer Travel"..... Looks a good rod, I'm thinking of geting a set for myself.

Google Free Spirit Fishing .... no price but I know it is one of their lower priced rods.

cheers

Gareth

C

Cakey

Ive got the shimano exage 2.5 TC and I can not believe how good this rod is for being a 5 piece

gerry h

Reaction score
I ve got the fox trekker 2.75,S ,and they are spot on for £80 they are worth it ,they fit in the suit case nicely,i am using them everyday at the moment in spain and they have handled everything well so far and are well balanced with 6000gte bs .even done a bit of float fishing with them

tc1

Reaction score
thanks for all the help with the rods.

gerry h, I see that you revued the korum accessory chair a while back how has it lasted and are the attachments good, anyone else who has one can comment as well. thanks.

Spiggy

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Normark Nova rod to keep in the boot of the car for those unexpected opportunities.
Okay, it is cheap - mine cost only ?39.99 and I guess you gets what you pays for. But two criticisms: first the handle (butt tip to reel seat) is too short for effective casting and second, even with a large reel mounted, the balance point is well in front of the reel seat. I have not yet had a chance to use it but my guess is that both casting and playing a fish will be difficult.
I'd look elsewhere.

John Southgate

Reaction score
When I firstresumed carp fishing again a few years ago I used to catch the train to my venues (now I need a bl**dy truck for all the gear). I started with the fox 5pc trekkers in 2.75 and used them for 2 years. Very happy with them,decent playing action and could get a fairly decent chuck. They come out now and again if i am going on holiday and am able to sneak away from the missus, or if I take someone fishing that has no gear. When I use them after using my nice rods they still feel ok, well worth it I'd say.... same with any rods, it's all about personal preference but at that price (shop around, they often come up on ebay) you can't go wrong.

John Southgate

Reaction score
just saw gerry's comment too. Mine were nicely balanced with 6000 gtes.

also saw your question on the korum accessory chair - couldn't tell you, that just aint carping mate /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

tc1

Reaction score
thanks for the info john, ive heard good things about them aswell.

as for the korum chair i bought one for my course fishing trips, and ive found them it to be very good if a bit heavy, and ive seen carpers using it and the deluxe one, so maybe there ok for carpers or do you think you will be drawn over to the dark side that is called course fishing if you use one??????????????