Im a winner

Jim Bowdrey

Reaction score
I got a letter from C F at the weekend and Ive won £100 worth of dynamite baits the august competion, cant wait for it arrive then learn how to use it /forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif. Thank you Coarse Fisherman and Dynamite.

W

Wolfman Woody

Have you sent Stu Dexter a cheque for wodges of cash or something?

I have been entering those competitions for years. I have applied Bostik to the outside of the envelope hoping it will stick to his fingers as he goes through the entries. I have even put the odd fiver inside hoping that might do the trick. Never, not once, have I won one.

I was convinced he was sharing out the prizes amongst all the writers and then making up winners names to publish. Shades of Blue Peter if you know what I mean! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I even had a look around Grasping Granville's garage when I got the opportunity just to see if he'd got a load of prizes in there. So I've stopped entering them now and the amount I am saving in postage stamps every month has risen to a point where I can buy my own spinning rod. So there Mr. tight-fingered Dexter! You'll not hear from me again!

Jim Bowdrey

Reaction score
Ha ha, Woody jealosy is a cruel thing. Seriously, Ivebeen entering competitions for years and not had so much as a sniff. As my mate says, I stand as much chance of winning anythingas a one legged man in anar$e kicking contest! and I had to do a double take when I read the letter

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
I never win any of the competitions, but I've written three letters to Anglers Mail in the past couple of months and won a prize each time for having them published! Best one was a Cormoran Corcast Supermatch 8pi reel which I won with a copy of a post I'd put on FM on my day roving for chub with Martin James. They printed it as Letter of the Week.

Just waiting for the latestprize to arrive!

Janet (AT)

Reaction score
I'm sure you'll have much more success with your prize than I did! The reel has so far proved to be a nightmare, with more tangles than I care to think about. I was fishing a particularly hard venue, where I've struggled for months, and finally hooked the two biggest fish I've ever had from there, only to lose them both because the reel locked up with line tangled between the spool and the body of the reel. Gutted!

Swap you for a few bags of bait? One careful owner. Only used once....

F

Fred Bonney

I did win a Middy rod, by default, from one of the monthlies.

I got a notification of my prize,then a letter saying sorry you've not won,it was an admin error.

Sometime later,I got another letter saying, we've changed our minds!

Apparently,therewere reserve winners(???) and they all got notified.

W

Wolfman Woody

Neat Fred!

I won a disc camera back in 1981designed by Courege for Minolta. A right puffy thing in either powder blue or fairy pink. Apparently it all swung on the tag line you had to write, mine read something like "Will keep you out of the blue and in the pink" and the mag said it could print it because of "sexual overtones".

What warped minds, they had./forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Edit: I gave it to my mother, but when she died it cameback to me. I still have it, right puffy thing it is. Any offers, Wol, Frothey?

T

The Monk

I won a glamorous grandad competition at Butlins once, I was 37 at the time, no contest

Jim Bowdrey

Reaction score
Ha ha, Er thanks but no thanks Janet, Ive just read your "report" and I think that reel would have been consigned to the local charity shop PDQ. Nick did you have your habit on when you won?

alan

Reaction score
i won a M.A.P matchtec 13ft waggler the other day on the take a friend fishing website. now im just trying to find somewhere to use it.

njb51

Reaction score
A wraggler? Do you use them to catch Trench? /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

alan

Reaction score
dont know what your talking about./forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

T

The Monk

Nick did you have your habit on when you won?

no Jim, I was stunning in those days

T

The Monk

haha, hes a bit more famous than me/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif