There be Monsters.....

G

Gary Knowles

I used to have this book but it went 'missing'....I'd like another copy but I hear its selling at quite high prices these days.

Jonathan Whitham

Reaction score
I recall reading this many, many years ago and it is indeed fantastic. I can still remember the picture of a monster pike's head next to another sizeable fish plus another picture of an incredibly long but emaciated fish (35lb?) which must have been massive in its prime. The fact that these are memories from 25+ years ago is testament to the effect this book has.Shame about the price being driven up by collectors when many would just like to this book for its great read. Maybe if there was the demand a reprint could be arranged...

PS: If you manage to find a copy of 'Rough River and Small Stream Fishing' by David Carl-Forbes then buy it. Its another great read - and considerably more affordable - although no 'horror' factor with this one.

C

Cakey

do we live long enough to read every angling book written ??

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
do we live long enough to read every angling book written ??

There are a few on here that might..................!

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Fred

At those sort of prices one could be tempted.

Isee a Lesney Bait Press on eBay with a starting price of £19....!

Could be time to arrange a clear out ofthe fishing cupboard - again!

F

Fred Bonney

Done that Kevin,only trouble is, I then go and buy them back!!!

Nostalgia?

nah just plain daft!

F

Fred Bonney

Done that Kevin,only trouble is, I then go and buy them back!!!

Nostalgia?

nah just plain daft!

If anybody see's a cheap B&W Mark 4 G Compound taper ,let me know/forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

so you done it more than once then Fred.................../forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Speaking of big salmon, I see that somebody has caught an estimated 70lb + fish from the Ness.Fred's book will need updating!

S

Steve King

thanimatedgif16.gif

Watch out for monsters!

S

Sean Meeghan

Looks like the salmonwas a hoax. All the pictures have disappeared

C

Chris Bishop

I heard this story on Radio Five Live. The fish was estimated at 100lbs which seemed a bit far-fetched but it was one of those fancy that items and they didn't speak to the captor or get anyone else to comment on it - assume it was lifted out of one of the papers.