The PAIN of fishing

Shine

Reaction score
As I sit here typing my body feels like its been12 rounds withRicky Hatton... and he didnt stop punching.

Last Tuesday while fishing (cut a long story short) I fell down a 12ft drop through thorns/bramble brushes onto rocks. Not only is my back and shoulders still hurting, it looks like 20 cats have had a go at me.

Now I would like to find something funny out of this but I cant.

Can any you kind people tell any funny storys of how you hurt yourself while fishing?

Just need my spirt lifting (and a giggle at other peoples misfortune).

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"Just need my spirt lifting (and a giggle at other peoples misfortune)."

I aint going anywhere near your "Spirt" you crazy man!

T

The Monk

sorry to hear about your accident, I`ve had similar over the years, I think the worst one was in winter once back in the 70s, sat in the bivvy in the sleeping bag, the middle rod twitches, I leaped onto the platform, but in mid air, the sleeping bag was still attched around my left foot, the bag followed me, followed by the bedchair and the bivvy, all the lot landing on me napper and pushing me into the lake at about 2.00am in december, I also cut my leg on the platform on the way in, I was alone, had no transport and blanked over the weekend

Shine

Reaction score
... andblanked after that Monk. Pleased to know your still fishing after that one.

Never mind my spirt then Steve. Just give us a laugh about the time you...???

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"The time I" Fished Collingham last year, the tide had gone down and I had a slammer.

I lept up, hit the fish and thought rightI better get down the bank to land the fish. I totally forgot how slippery the rocks were. As I made my way down, trying to control the beast that I was attachted to, I whooped down! All I could think about was keep the rod up high away from the rocks, I put my left hand out to try to contol my fall and fractured my little finger as it was bent backwards, it hurt! I stood up, still with the fish on, but lost it when it sngged me.

Or

"The time I" was clearing a nettle bed in summer trying to get to a swim that I knew was hiding below the nettles. My mate was behind me as I was crashing a way through the nettles. I felt a sharp pain on my hand, looked down and there was a wasp attatched to my finger. Then all hell broke loose! There were wasps everywhere! All attacking me! I legged it and looked back, they all flew straight past my mate and were after me. They went up my T-shirt and got me on the back and arms, I ripped my shirt off and started swatting at them. I must have looked like a right looney to the cars that were driving past on the busy main road, "look mummy what's that man doing in that field down there?" I had to cut my wedding ring off with a junior hacksaw that evening because my finger had swelled up so much! The missus wasn't too happy and I had to pay to have it re-built.

T

The Monk

Another time I was lure fishing and just as I was about to pack up, I bent the end of the rod down to put the pike creek chub on the bottom eye, missed the eye and the lure went right in p[ast the bar (two hooks) in between my thumb and first finger, I called atr the hospital on the way home, and sat in emergency for 3 hours with this bloody big lure stuck in my hand, unshaven and with me camo gear on stinking of fish, I took my tackle in with me as I didn't fancy leaving it in the car, anyway everybody was looking at me and laffing in casualty, eventually i saw a quack who removed the lure and gave me a jab up the bum, It was only then that I realised he hadn't give me my lure back, I went back into casualty and found the quack who told me the porter had just taken the lure out in a bag of disposable to burn it, I raced down the corridor to find the porter and just saw his back legs disappearing in the lift, running up the stairs and knocking an old dear down, I eventually caught up with him and explained that I wanted my lure back and these are not cheap, he wasn't going to give it me at fist but after a bit of persuasion I got it back, minus two hooks of course.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Shine on you, too many to mention. I am totally useless sometimes!

Today my muscles in my arms are aching after fishing in the GV match on Sat, i netted a 12lb fish on the wrong arm and it's killing me today!

T

The Monk

you need a really good body message Wendy, I`ve got the candles and the oils here babe

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
i netted a 12lb fish on the wrong arm and its killing me today./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Question,/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

What were you doing with the other hand at the time/forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif.

Shine,

I cant tell you at the moment i am still laughing at your story.

hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha. Sorry.

M

Maggot

There was the time that I was "Guesting" on a weir on the river Kennet at night with my mate. On thefar side was a large house with the front drive and pathrunning along the edge of the weir. The drive lightscame on and the front door opened and someone came out so we crouched down out of sight and I glanced down at my foot which was covered in wasps, I immediately yelped out loud and run off tryng to get rid of the wasps, closely followed by my mate and two other anglers that we did'nt even know were there as well.

NB.I don't 'Guest' anymoreand when I night fish Im very wary of wasps nests.

/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif)

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
i'm lucky in that mosquito's don't bother with me, butthey love my angling friend Les, he saw a swarm of mosquito's coming towards us, he left his gear, and legged it,he found a clearingand lay down on a patch of grass to sun himself, a couple of minutes later he came storming past me and dived into the pond, he'd only gone and lay on a red ants nest and was covered in them !!!.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Raymondo, probably sticking two of my fingers up at you/forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Monk, i could do with a massage..... not a message hahahaha.

T

The Monk

I`ll give you both if you like

this keyboard has got absolutely no idea about spelling/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

"this keyboard has got absolutely no idea about spelling"

Proof that we live in a "blame all others" society now. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

T

The Monk

Err in this day and age Jeff we should have intelligent keyboards