Trent Crays

T

Tony Rocca

A mate of mine saw a signal cray on the middle Trent on Saturday. I have never come upon one on that river, have they arrived?

Anyone else seen any of the blighters?

The Codfather

Reaction score
Ivfished the middle level for the past few weeks or so and i havent seen any sign of them...But i have seen numerous new born fry in the margins../forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

Beecy

Reaction score
Tony, I fished Caythorpe on Sunday, stick and maggot (struggled for the odd roach dace & perch, 2 lb total in 6 hours )

But I did have a few funny bites. Float would go under slowly almost as if dragging bottom, the strike was met with a bit of resistance and it felt like something was on until about mid water when it would come off. Probably just rubbish on the bottom but hook was coming back clean so it wasn’t lumps of weed

Lee Swords

Reaction score
I have not seen any....I don't want to either but I suspect that somebody in thier wisdom will have introduced them as feed for the catfish and a financial cash croip in years to come.

The Trent is a massive system though and would probably tolerate them better than say the Ouse

Reaction score
I fished Catton Park (lake) for many years until 2003. that place was heaving with signals. If they hadn't actually got in there from the upper trent, then with the floods over the last few yearsI would be very surprised if the upper river wasn't teeming with the blighters.

Again given the floods and their breeding propensity, if the middle/lower river hasn't got them now, it is only a matter of time!/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

clam

Reaction score
I fish the upper trent nearly every week for barbel and i havent seen any yet.I agree with Paraman its only a matter of time until we are infested with the things/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Ginger

Reaction score
We`ve got thousands of the little buggers down here,more than happy to send you a few up.

J K

Reaction score
I've fished the Catton Park stretch of the Trent at least a year agoand seen them. After the recent floods I found a dead one on the bank in a swim I fished.

C

Cakey

got millions here ,strip a dead bait in 10 mins cut a boilie hair in 5 mins and now they have learnt to pull popups down !

hope you dont get them but if you do.............good luck