Which Digi Camera?

The Codfather

Reaction score
Hi, im getting rid of my old digi camera and im now looking for a new one...only problem is im on a budget.

So im looking for a camera with a handy self timer or even a remote shoot button(infra red) and maybe a swing out lcd screen so i can position my shot.

Anyway all advice is welcome so please give me your feedback, and input.

Cheers/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

E

EC

I got a Fuji finepix 2600that cost 300 rips in 2001, they're half that price now, good lens (according to those that know) self timer etc. In fact you'll probably get a newer model for that money!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Spend a few quid more, you wont be disappointed.

B

Bully

Go to the website Pixmania. I have bought loads of stuff off there recently and they are doing some spanking deals. Service is great, always delivered within 4 days.

www.pixmania.com

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Where do you come from, most good camera shops will have very good second hand cameras, for £150 quid youll get a bloody good camera, or do as Wol has said and spend that little bit more if possible.

steveo

Reaction score
Ive got a canon S3 IS Powershot,2" flip round screen(good for self takes),Image stabaliser for when you are straining under the weight of that monster fish.6 mill pixles,video recorder,12x optical zoom,takes rechargable or throwaway batteries size aa so you will always be able to get power for the camera,comes with full Canon photoshop software so you can do loads of funky stuff to the pictures and a multitude of other things that I dont have a clue how to use.Oh and it takes beautifull rich pictures.I got mine in Australia for 500$,but dont know how much you can get one over here.well worth a look tho its almost idiot(Steveo) proof and takes better pics that my mates digi EOS'S

P

Phil Hackett The common Boastful Expert :-)

If its a compact you're after, I'd go for the Olumpus U810.8 megpixels easy to use, good selftimer which gives you plenty of time to set the fish up for the shot before it goes off. All the bells and whistles you'd expect. Flash throws a good distance (25 ft)into the dark.

Pictures are great.

Amozon are doing them for 200 notes

Islander

Reaction score
Panasonic Lumix FZ-8, Lightweight, image stabilizer, good zoom, i.m.o. can't be beat for the

money.

ChrisM (ACA)

Reaction score
It might not be as good as the Fuji's etc. etc. but the feature that I really like on mine, for self-takes, is the flip out screen (team up witha bulb release & adaptor from Jessops). So I personally recommend a camera with a flip out screen. I have the Canon Powershot A630. Easy to use & compact, and with that all important flip out screen (for Billy-no-mates like me /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif )

Phil Smith 2

Reaction score
Try ebay for Olympus 5060 zoom, probably about £100. This was my first digital camera and I had front page cover shots off it all be it just 5m pixels

Comes with reversable screen and remote firing button.

The Codfather

Reaction score
Many thanks for your feedback and input..Greatly appreciated!

I quiet like the canon powershot a630, but iv heard the lens isnt quiet upto the job..

I think im more suited to a compact as im more of a point and shoot photographer..

ChrisM (ACA)

Reaction score
I'm no David Bailey or Lord Litchfield, so have been happy with the shots I've had off the a630. I suppose it depends on who the intended audience is for your pics, do you want to do cover shots for mags, or a few snaps for your own albums? The a630 is around 9mega pixels, so is pretty good on that score. Like any compact or digi, you'll get the most out of it by learning to use it's features and various settings. Auto is very much an 'average' reading, so is a 'jack of all, but master of none' setting.

C

Cakey

for the specs you want Cod you will need to spend more or buy secondhand ,some good buys on ebay at the mo but watch the postal strike ..................

The Codfather

Reaction score
hi cakey, thanks for your advice..what make/model would you suggest?

I dont mind buying secondhand..but im not planning on buying until the end of the month..

The Codfather

Reaction score
Have to say it looks a nice camera, has it stood the test of time then? how does it compare to the likes of the canon a630 or similar?