Newark Needle Floats

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Thesedo get mentioned on the forums from time to time, and I think I spy what looks like an unused set Hereif anyone is curious...............

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Graham

I've still got afew of these beauties that might, just might, feature in a 'Ancient and Modern article. Watch peopleclamour to get their hands on a set then....!

May even give the 'Newark Leger Pins' a run out at the same time, using bait froma Lesney Bread Punch, and there's one of those going on eBay at £7.05 at the moment Here

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Yes they're the ones, sold to me on the last Saturday of September 1979 by old Walter himself, I never used them though, probably for the same very good reason, Graham.

I remember the time well as it was the last weekends fishing I had before the first lot of surgery on my back...never been right since.

T

teecee

Graham, ''they died a death for a very good reason''???apart from being most unappealing to look at......Why??

I have many of these Newark floats and needle weights standing in an whisky bottle box and occasionally I do get them out and put them away again mainly because Iv'e got hundreds of homemade floats still unused!!

I would beinterested to hear if anyone stil uses them......I seem to remember them featured in AT with instructions for use but this must have been in the mid/early-sixties(?)

Was Newark a tackle smanufacturer/supplier??

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Newark inventor Walter Bowers dreamed up these floats,and I think Mark Wintle has done an article on here featuring their strengths (not many) and weaknesses (quite a lot) Found it!

Waveney One

Reaction score
Anyone ever admit to buying those gloves with little rollers in for running the pole back through their hands?

My father bought a bottle of 'Heron's Foot Oil' back in the late 40's early 50's. It was assumed that something in the heron's feet attracted fish right to them so they should have worked as a wonderful ingredient to groundbait. Can't see Sensas or Van den Eynde being very interestd though.