split pole section

Lord Paul

Reaction score
What ho chaps

Not being much of a pole angler - I decided to buy a cheap pole for when i fish swims where casting proves diffiult if not impossible-so I lash out £80 on a pole with 3 top sections 3 years ago- last of the big spenders me- anyway I used it last week end about the 1st time in a 10 months and noticed the top section with a 6 elastci in it had a small split in it.

It's not worth taken to bemended andit performed ok with the smal roach and skimmers I targeted with maggots- even coped with a 3lb bonus carp -so can I mend it myself with super glue or resin - when i say I'll mend it ofcourse Jenkins willdo the actual gluing.

Tally Ho

stikflote

Reaction score
yes you can mend it with superglue ,but remember to use it for small fish, idealy mark it some way and put a light elastic thru it the best way i find to mark a top is to put a strip coloured insulation tape on it ,

W

Wolfman Woody

Depends where the small split is, at the end, at the joint?

Do as Stik says, run some liquid crazy glue along it (NOT THE GELL SORT) and then wrap a lapping of electrical tape around it.

If it at the female joint it pays to lap some tape around it anyway, especially the often used joints. Use Drennan nose cones to help guide the male section in, just like a

ah! not Bait Box

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Yes its at te joint where the next section fits in I only use it about twice a year for smallfish with maggot or caster

thanks chap

Woody I know I'm a long way frommyhome of baitbox but I do fish and occasionaly ask a serious question

Tally ho