boots

M

Margot Twine

Does anyone know who does thermal boots in childrens sizes as i need some for my grandson? All the ads in the fishing mags only seem to cater for adults.

R

Rob Brownfield

I think Skeetex do ladies sizes down to quite a small size, they may be suitable for a big lad. I am not sure though..might be worth calling them. They are in Battlesbridge, Essex.

S

sam oddy

I've just bought a bargain pair of thermal field type boots from Hawkshead who market them as snow boots although they come in sensible colours! Waterproof with a very comfortable removable thermal liner and all for ?17. Certainly come in ladies sizes and well worth a look - they're on the web at I think hawkshead.com.

W

Wendy Perry

Hi Margot i am only a size 5 and i find it very difficult to get some boots........ rob skeetex don't do a small size i think they start at a 7's i'll go take a look at that web site sam and let ya know Margot :eek:)

R

Robert Woods

Wendy...being Hobit sized I use Skeetex boots sized 5.The last pair I got from Terry Eustace.I tend to use leather walking boots & extra socks if I'm not paddling,a lot more comfortable.

D

Dave Quintana

I guess you could always buy adult size 9 and fill up the front of them with newspaper - always good to look to the future - he's sure to grow!!

M

Margot Twine

Leave out the newspaper and he could walk on water to the middle of the lake and pre-bait for me I suppose?

R

Rob Brownfield

I just thought...some of the camping shops sell youths walking boots, Gortex and cambrelle lined..not cheap...but warm!