Looking for rod

L

Lennart Br?nnstr?m

Hi!

Where can i find this rod ? /forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif 20`Tri-Cast river float.

Beecy

Reaction score
The only dedicated tri-cast dealer I know of are Highfield angling

Give them a ring and ask, the owner Vinnie Smith by the way is an ex England international so knows his stuff

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
The John Allerton float rod is 18/20ft and is made by Tri-cast. It costs £360 odd and you won't get much off. Fished the Shannon last week with one and can remmend it if you can afford one. The only long rod that betters it is made by Carbotec and that costs a whpooing £600!

Paul C

Reaction score
.........and they no longer manufacture the Carbotec.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Paul is right, sadly the Carbotec's are no longer made - cracking rods though if you can get your hands on one!

Lennart,

Maybe take a look on e-bay, but keep an eye out for the M.A.P. 20 ft rods. Very nice action, spliced tip and not too heavy either. I have the 15' and the 20' and used them a lot in Norway and Sweden on some of those deep rivers.

Lykke til!

Br?nnis

Reaction score
Thanks for your answers... I`ll look at the M.A.P- rods and see what it is !

Mike Smith 7

Reaction score
Try the Daiwa Spectron 17/20. Slightly better then the original Tri-Cast Allerton 20ft'er.I've got both & have caught loads of fish with them on the lower Aire @ Beal/Birkin.If anyone wants to buy the Allerton it's for sale @ £120,if you want to give me a call on 07729920170.There's also a handle which converts it to a very nice 16 ft'er.But it will be december before I can sort it as I'm just off on holiday.

drakey

Reaction score
Try Benwick Sports, Ely, Cambridgeshire on 01353 721009 or where i got my tri cast feeder rod from, Oakleys, Sheffield on 01142681723.