Fishing holiday... any ideas?

bradp

Reaction score
Keen for a fishing adventure, ideally something different like pike fishing in Europe... anyone been on such a holiday or something similar? any recommendations?

Cheers

Brad

agamemnon

Reaction score
about 10 years ago i took a couple of trips to france fishing for cats on the river soane with luke moffatt and had a great time, since then a few of my mates have been to spain with catfish capers and they keep going back

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Norway and/or Sweden for any Predators, Pike, Perch and Zander.

The area in Southern Sweden (Skåne) is particularly good anytime from April onwards as a lot of the prey fish are moving back into the rivers by then.

Natures Best - Pike fishing, Sk?ne wetland

Pike fishing is good anywhere in Southern Norway too, but for Zander you need to go a little further West of the capital to the area around Arendal.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Keen for a fishing adventure, ideally something different like pike fishing in Europe... anyone been on such a holiday or something similar? any recommendations?

Cheers

Brad

For something different try the fringes of the Baltic sea itself for pike. Norway and Sweden’s south coasts and east up towards Stockholm is particularly good and the Baltic probably offers some of the best pike fishing in the world.
Jerry

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm currently trying to plan a few days away in North Devon for some river fishing for some Brown Trout, but at the moment everywhere seems to have low water levels so my trip is 'on ice' at the moment.

Hopefully by May we will have had some rain . . . . . . . . .

If not then there are a couple of lovely chalk streams not too far from Paris to try, or another trip back to Southern Norway after Easter I suppose.

Last edited:

bradp

Reaction score
Cheers for the ideas, all sound good... just had a look at a nile perch fishing package! Bit out of price range though!!

waggy

Reaction score
Why not try (sacrilege?) the rocks at Fuerteventura. Take the Missus, fly easyjet from an airport near you, go to Caleta de Fustes (Castillo since the tourist board name change) only 5K from airport. Family suns and swims at the hotel, you fish off the rocks about 100m away- lots of seabreams, mullet and other stuff on heavy coarse gear. also Bonito, giant Garfish, barracuda, bluefish and other interesting stuff on dead/live bait float gear or lures.
Great sport on the (Grauvell) parabolic rod.
Have a look at WSF forum>Europe>Fuerteventura.Europe - World Sea Fishing Forums | Sea Angling and Sea Fishing Online | Fishing Reports

redfin123

Reaction score
Ive been to canada twice fishing for wild carp on the river systems in ontario brilliant. 20, 25, 30, carp in a day, mostly big commons up to over 40lb and fight like maniacs. its an experience you will not forget. anglers world holidays.fly june manchester to toronto.

georgehooks

Reaction score
If you are looking for good spots in Europe, I would recommend you fishing in Fuerteventura! Many people believe that it's the best place in the Canary Islands. There is no need to go very far to find waters of 1.000m in depth, and, to the west of the island there are areas with up to 3.700m depth which make it an ideal place to go fishing.