Love Your River - New Campaign Launched

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Rivers Minister Richard Benyon said:
“We all love our rivers. ….. They are vitally important ……. we’ve all got a role to play in making sure our rivers are as healthy as they can be.
It’s especially important that we care for our rivers ……. and the importance we all place on making sure our actions don’t damage our rivers.”

Why then is the Government insisting on building hydropower plants on all the weirs it can? :mad:

It's like saying 'I love my wife, but I rather think she'd suit having a millstone around her neck.'

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some rivers (e.g. Itchen) are more loved than others (as George Orwell so very nearly wrote in his abandoned book On The Road To a Big Society in 1984), and ever will be....

PS - Or was it Down and Out In Winchester and Stockbridge...?

Last edited:

tuolumne fisher

Reaction score
which venue would you have picked to launch this iniatitive folks

hydropower, spot on jeff, endochrine pollution, etc etc, the more stress applied to the system, the less required to tip it over the edge

surely the person with the inside edge on this political posturing, is the ATr own mr salter, but is his reliance on his former associates gonna temper his outrage

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In 1976 we were urged to 'Shower with a friend', now they are suggesting we turn the tap off when we clean our teeth...........What happened to the promiscuous society?

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
In 1976 we were urged to 'Shower with a friend', now they are suggesting we turn the tap off when we clean our teeth...........What happened to the promiscuous society?

We all got old-er and now have to use one of the walk in shower thingys.
I'm now waiting for a new 3 seater version :w

Mind you, I've just been given a brand new set of go-faster crutches courtesy of the NHS

Last edited: