Spice Island Billfish Tournament 2008

John Southgate

Reaction score
Posting to general fishing:

Hello all,

I am lucky enough to be going to this tournament in Jan 2008 (fishing 16, 17 & 19 Jan). I have space for one angler on a fantastic boat with a crew / skipper who have won previous tournaments. It will just be two anglers (me and one extra), plus two wire-men and skipper. The boat is run by a family member and as a result we will not be needing to pay the normal US$800 (?400) per day for charter. We will be paying ?150-200 per day and I would be looking to split this with whoever joins.

I am looking for someone with billfishing / sport-fishing experience who is keen but also a laid back and fun kind of person (this sounds a bit like a lonely hearts column!!). Basically someone up for a lot of fun fishing.

I am flying to Grenada on Jan 13th (return 20th) and we have 2 practice days 14/15th planned (I just booked flights with XL for ?300!!!). If you don't know what the fishing is like in Grenada - it is amazing. Very good chances of catching blue marlin (and all kinds of marlin) and plenty of sailfish and big tuna. Check the previous touraments results at the below link.

If you are seriously interested I will send you further details about the boat etc. You would be able to stay on the boat so no additional accomodation costs. This is an amazing opportunity for tournament fishing at a small price. Unfortunately the guy who was lined up to do this with me turned out to be a tw*t, hence I am looking for someone else!! Tournament website: http://www.sibtgrenada.com/

M

MarkTheSpark

I don't fit the bill, sadly, and nor do I have any, er, money but surely there's someone here to take up this incredible offer?

John Southgate

Reaction score
it is a great opportunity. i'm gutted that the other guy turned out to be a no go. will be 5 days of fantastic fishing!

Anyone?