weight gain

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
hi there i just looking for some info on weight gain in carp.in the first week of sept this year a friend and i fished a lovelly place in surrey where my friend managed to land a lovelly 41lb 9oz mirror i now this weight was bang one as we both own a set of the fox digi scales and we weighed the fish on both sets and both read exactly the same i was looking on the fisheries web site last night and noticed the same fish had come out on sunday with a weight of 45lb does any no if this weight gain is normal or do you think that the weighing was a real true weight just curious really weather a fish could put this much weight on in such a short time cheers

steveo

Reaction score
Rich as far as I understand carp do start to feed up at this time of year and can start to get heavier as the year end's.I have know idea how soon the feeding supports weight gain's.

I have caught decent Carp which have been re caught after a few day's later up to 2lbs lighter.

Maybe the Carp was weighed incorrectly or you could have dodgy Fox scales.

Sorry cant be any more help,dont really know

Cheers

F

Frothey

oh i dunno, it could eat 2kg or so of bait in one sitting...

wayne brooks

Reaction score
i don't trust digi scales, got rid of my fox ones on ebay..get some rubens!

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
never had a problem with the scales as i said we weighed the fish on two sets of scales and they showed the same