Oh Dear it's in the fan now

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Ironically the full force of the law will be used to pursue the perpetrator

---------- Post added at 17:20 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

Maaan you shoot one seal .....

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
A spokesperson from the British Divers Marine Life Rescue (BDMLR) said, 'Seals in England are protected by the Conservation of seals act 1970.

'It is illegal to kill a common seal without a license. We are totally opposed to shooting seals without a license and the full force of the law should be used to find and prosecute anyone who decides to shoot a seal without the necessary license.'

Shame the full force of the law isn't used to find those responsible for stealing fish. While I don't give my seal of approval to killing them I'm not going to blubber about it either.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
WHEN THEY CATCH THE *******S THAT DID THIS THEY SHOULD BE HUNG UP WITH THEIR KNACKERS AND THEIR ENTRAILS DRAWN AND FED TO THE CROWS!!

mark

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Why why does the press/Joe public instantly blame those nasty anglers? I don't know for sure, but aren't there any salmon nets-men/fishermen on the west coast? Ive heard of all manner of threats against seals from the NE fishermen.

Not condoning the killing but..."Ironically the full force of the law will be used to pursue the perpetrator"

Recently two of my clubs water bailiffs called in the city police station to report that they had just been threatened by net poachers (can be very nasty people and there was no mobile signal where they were and the police station was very near) PC on the desk kind of laughingly smirked and said "I hope they caught something"

cg74

Reaction score
now if it was otters..........

Looking at the comments beneath the article, I think for otters the anti angler onslaught might be greater; same sentiments just more of.

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

So, we condone it?

No I don't condone the killing but equally so, looking at the feeling towards angling, I really couldn't care less!

Simon K

Reaction score
Why why does the press/Joe public instantly blame those nasty anglers?

Because someone saw reference to the seals on an angling website and then put 2+2 = 5.

Pure speculation, as admitted in the piece, but do any readers take any notice?

You notice the anti-angler comments already proliferating, "seals today, children tomorrow". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Another one reckons we're anti-social and won't talk to them.

Personally, I find them too distracting while mulling ripostes to Bishop Anselm's Ontological Argument. They just never think of others, do they? :wh

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Because someone saw reference to the seals on an angling website and then put 2+2 = 5.

Pure speculation, as admitted in the piece, but do any readers take any notice?

You notice the anti-angler comments already proliferating, "seals today, children tomorrow". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Another one reckons we're anti-social and won't talk to them.

Personally, I find them too distracting while mulling ripostes to Bishop Anselm's Ontological Argument. They just never think of others, do they? :wh

Maggot drowners are all morons! They are also the most unsociable people on the planet as they sit on their stools staring at the tip of a float and ignoring anyone who attempts to hold a conversation with them. The fish actually have more personality than the anglers.

Ha Ha you can just imagine this guy/girl constantly going up to an angler , skylining their swim and trying to have a chat.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Well I left a comment will let you know if it gets past the moderators - would be funny if all the comments were from anglers complaining about predation issues.

bigchub

Reaction score
Looking at the comments beneath the article, I think for otters the anti angler onslaught might be greater; same sentiments just more of.

Perhaps I should have worded it better. If it was one of those furry fish munchers that had been killed instead of a seal, would the reaction be the same? I'm not for one minute condoning what has happened but do wonder if it had been any other animal whether the reaction would have quite so severe.