Any fishing programs on BBC1 - C5???

J

Jeff Butler

Does anyone know if there is any fishing on TV at the moment on BBC1, 2, ITV, C4 & 5, Don't mind if it's course, Sea or whatever???
Thanks,
Jeff....

S

Shrek

The last fishing program I remember on terrestrial TV was Screaming Reels on Channel 4. This was hosted by Nick someone-or-other that also hosts the fishing talkshow on Radio 5.
There has also been some coverage of the World Championships on C4 as well, but I can't rememer how long ago that was, but it wasn't excellent coverage.

It would be good to have something back on TV.

Wasn't Go Fishing on for a while as well before it went over to Sky?

R

Robert Draper

Go Fishing appears on the local programmes spot on Anglia TV. Living in the huge Carlton TV area all we ever get is programmes about Oxford & the Cotswolds - a fat lot of use to someone living on the edge of the Peak District! My sister living in Cambridge says that JW is often on the 7:30 slot on ITV.

S

Shrek

I suppose the closest we get to it is Heart of the Country. Sometimes featuring Fred J Taylor. Last time I saw it he caught a carp and cooked it. Wonder what the anit's made of that?

K

Kevan Busby

If you live in the Shrewsbury area you may get to see the River Severn on the Midlands news - but thats only cos its way above its normal. Fishing on terrestrial TV, ha ha ha. I bet the Carp Championships are on Sky pay-per-view.

K

Keith Miller

Go Fishing, a new series which began a few weeks back, is on Anglia TV tonight at 10.50p.m. Summary says on Hampshire Avon and an army lake in Herefordshire.

F

Frank Curtis

Fishing on the BBC? you've got to be kidding!
We all remember their decision regarding Nuddy getting the most votes as Sportsman of the Year a few years back.
If you want fishing on TV it has to be the Discovery channels on Sky or Cable as the terrestrial channels don't seem interested.

E

Ernest Baird

There is not any programs on fishing in the north east either.

A

Ashe Hurst

I live in SE LONDON/KENT, no fishing tv at all for a few years. Did have go fishing and screaming reels, or carlton country with a few angling bits with fred tailor,but wasnt alowed to show the fish being caught.
Most of my friends have cable,but say those angling programs are pretty crappy over seas and old repeats.

W

Wilson Marshall

If you have a poundstretcher store near you there selling off fishing videos for 3.99,theres go fishing with john wilson(various species),gord burton pikeing on the crossens and des taylor carp and pike as well as various matchfishing stuff,its about as close as you,ll get to it being on terrestrial tv unfortunately.

S

Shrek

If yuo have a Littlewoods store near you, they are also selling off lots of these videos too.

lee chisholm

Reaction score
IWOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME INTERESTING FISHING PROGRAMMES ON THE tv CHANNELS. ME AND MY DAUGHTER HAVE RECENTLY BEGAN FISHING DOWN IN DEAL IN KENT. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY GOOD FISHING SPOTS AROUND THE SOUTH EAST COAST NEAR DOVER/DEAL???