fishing in france

rinnie

Reaction score
going to france in april to le lac fishibil anyone been there any advice much appreciated as its my first trip to france cheers.

C

Cakey

cant help sorry Ive only walked it .........big fish to be had ,good luck

F

Frothey

take you're casting rods - most people seem to say the fish are all caught at distance.

probably means the fishareunder their feet then.......

Reaction score
Richard,

Fishabil is a decent size lake (by British standards), something like 80 acres. It has a large head of carp, although they can be a bit cagey. It is fairly shallow with a uniformly silty bottom.With the exception ofone or two swims they are snag free.

Go prepared to fish at range. Because of the lack of snags you can drop down line strength and use braided leaders (braided main line not allowed).

If it's going to be a warm April go prepared with plenty of bait. On my last trip (a couple of years ago), I got through 35 kilos of hemp, 30 kilos of pellet and 20 kilos of boilies in a week. Every timeI tried to cut back, the fish would drift away. Only heavy baiting would hold them. If it's going to be a cold April then you probably won't need to pile it in.

Make sure you budget for everything. Baiting up by boat is best, although you are not allowed to place your hookbait by boat. Boats must be locked up at night. These are expensive to hire avery day. They did supply hemp in 7 kilo buckets ready prepared, but again can get expensive.

The fish aren't massive but there are plenty of twenties, with a good chance of thirties. Don't worry about fishing baits in the silt, the fish will find them, althoughI did use glugged bottom baits.

Most swims produce but the dam wall seems to produce well, as does the point on the East Bank.

Hope this helps.

C

Cakey

when I was there a few years ago now we was told that the anglers were rowing with the management over the rules about baiting up ,I cant remember exactly how it went but the rules at the time was some thing like your bait must be cast from land

so some lads there filled up one of the boats with dirt and went out and cast from the boat !

F

Frothey

Tim Paisley has written a bit on it (carpworld used to run trips out there) as has Rob Hughes and Simon Crowe. Starmer did (still do?) run trips out there, give Ian there a buzz, might be able to help.

And what John says /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Mark Stead 3

Reaction score
i am at fishabil may 2009 anybody else been since Rinnie this year (how did your trip go rinnie??) any help appreciated !!

R

Roto Fryer

From what i read from other posters on other sites its 350 quid for a 20's water. Loads of 20's the odd 30 and thats about it.

Don't get your hopes up high.

Seems a lot to pay for 20's

I'd go for something else.

Mark Stead 3

Reaction score
thanks for that....hope there are at least a couple of big un's as they advertise or i will be pissed off.....50 tons of fish but all below 20....hope not!!!

Mark Stead 3

Reaction score
yeh i have organised my trip out there with starmer......booked for a week in may....was hoping for any info/tips that could make my trip all the better from you guys ! especially rinnie now he's been

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
I was going to got there 3 years back I paid my deposit and lost it because unfortunatly couldn`t go in the end. It was going to cost me about £600 all evrythink included, I will have to dig out the paperwork I have on it, every year they send me a christmas card same as a lot of other french lakes I`ve had info off but they boasted of 65 ton`s of fish, blue carp to 70lb, mirrors, commons and leathers to 55lb+, catfish to 181lb, zander to 24lb, pike to 30lb+, Big tench too. If I remember correctly you can hire out a boat to row your baits out, Huge amounts of bait are used there but its a large water. Lakeside cabin apartments you can hire out there kitted with sky tv, showers, beds, kitchen the full works. I will definetly be fishing it in the near future.

F

Frothey

£600 all in will get you into some pretty decent waters..... much better ones in fact. always be wary of the "fish to....." - how many actually get caught, and often it means one stocked at that weight.

the world carp championships were held there a few years back, and i dont think anything particularly big came out.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
That was with my bait, cooked meals, drink, ferry crossing and pick up, I think there was boat hire too. I agree with you frothey there are many other lakes that hold big fish at budget prices.

F

Frothey

you could..... but why would you want to /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
I wouldn`t know bud, never been there. Have you or which place`s would you recommend? I`m deffo going abroad fishing this year

F

Frothey

i know a few who have who wont be going back. some big fish though.

there's a few lakes near Bray Sur Seine that have some huge fish in them (other than Les Quis - which is tops if you want an all inclusive. you'll spend more than £600 though!)

Telliats for a start......

Moorlands is further south, but the fish are coming on leaps and bounds. its got a proper pub too!

have a look at the angling lines site, something for everyone!