Why do the do it!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just thought I would share this with you so you know what to expect if you order from this company!
I ordered a few things on line from a shop in west Lancashire (you will know who they are after reading the following claim.)
They claim the following on their web site:
Massive stock levels
Fast delivery
On line tracking
Award wining service
What I found was totally different to what they claim!
The stuff I ordered was All out of stock, then it took a week and a half to get my order (after it came back in stock) there is no tracking on line, it just tells you that they have received your order and when I finally got my order the stuff was Damaged as the delivery driver just rammed it through the letter box (it should have been signed for!) and when I called them to complain about the state of the packaging and how it was delivered they did not want to know!
What I am getting at is the fact that they lie on their website to get the unsuspecting to order from them, and when they have your money they really could not give a dam.
I know I have mentioned them on here before but the tackle I wanted was the right price so I thought I would give them the benefit of the doubt, NEVER AGAIN!
Sorry about the moan but I expect to get a good service when handing my hard earned cash over and I DO NOT expect to be lied to!
This company do not deserve the custom!

Mark

Last edited:

sam vimes

Reaction score
I don't know which tackle shop you are referring to. However, I doubt it matters one jot. I won't use several shops that lots of people rave about and I happily use a few tackle shops that many don't have a good word for.

It's got to the point that I don't take much notice of anything that others have to say (positive or negative) about shops.

richiekelly

Reaction score
Name them Mark to save others having the same experience with them, perhaps a drop in on line custom would improve the way they deal with customers.

The bad one

Reaction score
Mark I have one rule for buying tackle mate. I go to the shop, even if that means traveling to a certain shop get it in my grubby mitt check it, pay for it and on my way.
Never fails ;)

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mark I have one rule for buying tackle mate. I go to the shop, even if that means traveling to a certain shop get it in my grubby mitt check it, pay for it and on my way.
Never fails ;)

You are right, it's what I usually do for rods, reels, nets and such. I just spotted this gear and thought I would just order it on line, as I said, never again!!

Mark

Eric Sproat

Reaction score
Just ordered a rod from them (payed via paypal).Guess what,out of stock.Like you say they state huge stock,who are they kidding?This has happened before with them.Lesson learn`t,never again.

Eric

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They went down hill when the old man (Ted) passed away so I am told, same happened to Bennetts of Sheffield when the old man passed the company over to his sons and look what happened to them!!!

Mark

Reaction score
Bennett went bust after the Don burst it's banks during the summer floods a few years ago. The refurbish after the damage but never recovered. Calcott's just round the corner closed as soon as it was damaged.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bennett went bust after the Don burst it's banks during the summer floods a few years ago. The refurbish after the damage but never recovered. Calcott's just round the corner closed as soon as it was damaged.

Yes, they were damaged quite badly after the flood but Bennetts were on the way out long before that, their customer care in the last few years was rubbish!

Mark

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Stick to ebay, pay via paypal and you can't come unstuck. You either get the item you want or your coin back. I know you don't buy second hand but there are lots of dealers selling brand new gear on there and they're usually open to offers.
By the way some of the best deals are buying little used or unused second hand gear.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Stick to ebay, pay via paypal and you can't come unstuck. You either get the item you want or your coin back. I know you don't buy second hand but there are lots of dealers selling brand new gear on there and they're usually open to offers.
By the way some of the best deals are buying little used or unused second hand gear.

Could not go on ebay if I wanted to mate, I upset a seller and got kicked off!!!
His fault not mine and they sided with him...Long, long story!

Mark

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Could not go on ebay if I wanted to mate, I upset a seller and got kicked off!!!
His fault not mine and they sided with him...Long, long story!

Mark

I thought they'd only suspend your account for a spell if there was hasstle.

You could always just make yourself a new account unless they've linked the ban to your address. Failing that just get a friend to bid on your behalf.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought they'd only suspend your account for a spell if there was hasstle.

You could always just make yourself a new account unless they've linked the ban to your address. Failing that just get a friend to bid on your behalf.

They chuck you off for good and I can't open a new account because my cards are blocked!
After the trouble I had with ebay and pay pal I would never use them again.

Mark

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
They chuck you off for good and I can't open a new account because my cards are blocked!
After the trouble I had with ebay and pay pal I would never use them again.

Mark

Similar thing happened to my brother. His account got hacked & his card cloned but he got blamed as the other party by then was away on his thieving toes. His account got terminated and he had no end of grief trying to get his money back.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Similar thing happened to my brother. His account got hacked & his card cloned but he got blamed as the other party by then was away on his thieving toes. His account got terminated and he had no end of grief trying to get his money back.

I won a couple badges (I collect enamel hunt, shooting and fishing badges) off this guy, I duly paid but never received them! After a few weeks I started to get a little nasty with him (has you do!) and the ****** reported ME to ebay!
Another thing, anyone who thinks pay pal is a safe way to pay on line should think again! I could direct you to sites where ex employees of pay pal would scare the **** out of you!

Mark