This Weekend

C

Cheese Paste

I am going to check out the river level at lunchtime to if it is fishable this weekend. What are your plans?

S

Shrek

I'll be checking the rising water levels in my own house. Got to stay in while a plumber does some stuff for us.

Maybe next week.......................... !!

C

Chris Bishop

Might throw common sense to the wind and give the Ouse a go.

C

Cheese Paste

I'll be fishing the Ouse hopefully. I checked earlier in the week and the water was in the car park.

M

Mike Parker

According to 'moonstrike'fishings supposed to be grim on Saturday and average on Sunday.
I am hopeful that the levels on the Hants Avon will be going down then I shall be taking my cheesepaste down onto the main river. If its still up I shall go onto one of the side streams (if I can get in!) with the bread and maggots left over from yesterday.

S

Stuart Bullard

Mike, if its throwing it down Saturday then the river will still be rising on Sunday!! Its a real pain in the bum for me, the only time I can go is Sunday morning, and it seems every week its terrible on Saturday night and Sunday.

C

Chris Bishop

Ouse as in round my way mate. It better not be in the car park because we're mostly 30ft below sea level.

J

Jon Moores

Watching every weather report, ringing Rivercall and then fishing a stillwater most likely. Starting to suffer big chub withdrawal symptoms - back to dry fosty weather soon please!

F

Fred Bonney

Cheese Paste ,are you talking Haversham,as opposed to the Lower end where Chris probably is.

D

Dave Johnson

its too mild NOT to be barbel fishing somewhere.....

Dove for me tomorrow

ron lander

Reaction score
Anybody fished linear fisheries (nr oxford) for anything except carp recently ?? I'm hoping to get down there tuesday or wednesday.

D

David Will

Ron try Hardwick with maggot feeder. Fish into the wind if its a westerly or south westerly. Tench Roach and Chub a distinct possibility.Same tactics on St Johns.

B

Birds Nest

Might have a sniff at the Dove in the Morning myself...

W

Wendy Perry

am having a go at my local pond for a few hours on Sat hope to get some roach and chubb and i'm well looking forward to it :)

D

David Will

Stinking cold and working but may get a few hours in after Barbel.

A

Andy Wright

get yourselves to hamstall fisheries at kings bromley its only ?4 a day and it's fishin fantastic, bream, roach, rudd, carp there all cming out,i fishedthere last saturday and had about 25-30 roach and rudd to 1lb-1lb 8oz....bye 4 now

J

John Pleasance

I plan to catch at least 20 barbel this weekend every single one of them will weigh over 10 lb, well that's the plan anyway,the reality may be somewhat different.

Mike Parker, the river at Avon Causeway is back within the banks this eve if that helps at all,I would think from experience it will in that case be in its banks further upstream too.

I prefer it when it's out of the banks it seems to take the pace off it quite a bit.

S

Stewart Moss

As the rivers seem pretty much unfishable (where did the bank start again?), I reckon a session on the Oxford Canal for its big Perch is my best bet.
Boat traffic low, mild weather, could be a day for that three pounder!

T

Terry Mann

John,
There are 20 barbel in the Avon then?,they must all go on holiday when I fish it.

I was hoping to have a go for barbel on the Severn this weekend but thats definately out
unless I try a couple of casts in the cricket ground at Worcester,the flow looked pretty steady there.

Might try the Warks Avon thats just within it,s banks at least.