Ruffe

nicky

Reaction score
Caught my first ever ruffe today from a local lake.
I knew they were in there because my son caught one last year down there although it was only small, minow size.
Well i caught one today that was palm sized, and witnessed by a local matchman who said he has fished it for years and it was the biggest one hes ever seen.
i got in and checked the net and it said the british record is only 5oz i didnt weigh it or take a photo but i am now wondering how big the one i caught was

dangermouse

Reaction score
I`ve had a few gudgeon on my last couple of outings that I wish I`d weighed, the record for them is also 5oz.

nicky

Reaction score
it was about that long i would say 6" ah well i will never know now

---------- Post added at 17:29 ---------- Previous post was at 17:26 ----------

i said to my mate on the way home i thought it wasnt far of 1/2 a lb and that i thought they dont go big and that the record probably doesnt go over a pound i was shocked when i saw it was only 5oz and a bit

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

it looked like a decent perch minus the stripes

nicky

Reaction score
that looks tiny compared to the one i caught how big is that one

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
it was about that long i would say 6" ah well i will never know now
Just going off that photo I would have my doubts that it was anywhere near 6 ozs, but you never know. When you catch a monster ruffe, you will know.

I caught a monster bleak once, but with no scales accurate enough for a small fish and not wanting to kill the poor sod, I put it back. You have to have a set of those small scales used in pharmacies and the like.

thames steve

Reaction score
Just going off that photo I would have my doubts that it was anywhere near 6 ozs, but you never know. When you catch a monster ruffe, you will know.

Paul who caught that ruffe is a big strapping roofer with very big roofer hands to match.

He's had giant sturgeon and stacks of big hard-fighting tidal carp but was chuffed to bits catching that ruffe :) Phoned up absolutely buzzing asking what the record was. Not that he cared about trying to claim anything as he'd already slipped it back and was just interested for the fun of it.

Greedy thing took a whole lobworm.

nicky

Reaction score
i would tell you where i caught it but there is a publicity ban lol