Making Boilies - 3

Kevin Mountford

Reaction score
hi, thinking of starting to make my own boilies, can you let me know what i will need to begin?? cheers, muff!

C

Cakey

if you dont know then at this stage I would but a ready mix add eggs,flavour and roll

C

Cakey

you can roll in your hands or buy rolling tables of the size boilies that you want

T

The Monk

My mate had 7 kids and used to have them all rolling boilies like a production line in the kitchen, after his wife left him and took the kids he had to buy a rolling table, he was heart broken because all the boilies were the same size with the table, you really can`t beat home rolling, but you need a good team

C

Cakey

with your hans you can make various shapes like squares triangles etc

C

Cakey

you need to play with boiling times i.e. longer for harder shorter for softer

Kevin Mountford

Reaction score
hi bully , ive heard of people leaving the shell in to make it crunchy ??? you recomend to remove ?

F

Frothey

that depends if your baits had the egg shell taken into account when you sorted itfor FLAA and SLAA bully..... or in my case i dont think it makes a fig of difference so its quicker to whack it all in the bucket!

F

Frothey

maybe we should get a FishingMagic bait together for next year......

B

Bill Cox

It can be very satisfying rolling your own boilies but be warned don't make to much at once. Rolling 5kg of mix will take all night, even withrolling tables. Stick to 1kg mixes until you get your mix right then when you have the time and the valium do a bigger batch./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif