Snag Fishing for Carp

• Thread starter Les Clark ( not too proud to nick a good idea fro
  • Start date
L

Les Clark ( not too proud to nick a good idea fro

Another down to earth article from Dave Rothery , no bull , just good common sense and good tips .

Well done Dave and keep them coming .

T

The Monk

Oh nearly missed that one, yes excellent, well written Dave

Deanos

Reaction score
I have only fished for one season for carp, but next year will be looking for a local water to try for them again on. I shall be basing my plan of action on your articles Dave!

That way if I blank...ITS ALL YOUR FAULT! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Great articles, thank you for posting them, they will help a lot of anglers get to grips with carping (incl me).

Respects, Deanos.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Good sound advice again Dave. I recently had to have words with somebody who was fishing a snaggy place as you described. No bite alarms and 100 yds away from his rods. His defence was that he would be able to hear his clutch as it was a noisy one. He hasn't been back since I whisperd down his lughole.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Very good advice for fishing in snags Dave. I couldn't agree more with the rod you have suggested.

Shine

Reaction score
Brilliant idea with the bank stick. Keep em coming frothey, you'll make us all better carpers.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Well done Frothey another good common sense article without any bull or hype. I've probably duplicated what Les said, but for me he summed it up beautifully.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I don't fish snags. But why would a 2lb test curve be better than a 3.5 tc for getting a fish out of a snag?

C

Cakey

2lb or 3.5 both have their pros and cons ......should start a nice debate !

F

Frothey

get your copies of carp fever out....... /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

its not so much the test curve, its the action

Reaction score
It's all about levers and pivots!/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

A rod with the pivot a third from the tip requires twice as much pressure at the butt end than a rod with the pivot a third of the way up to provide the same pull.

No,I don't understand it either!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

Carp Fever ........................what does he know about rods /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Shine

Reaction score
a pivot is what from the what now. is there a carp fishing for dummies because i need one /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

Atleast it looks like you know what you are on about paraman. i havent a scooby-doo what that was about. I know a rod has 2 ends /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

its all you need to know Shiner ........................

enjoy it dont ........................cant think of the word

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I'd agree it is more the action of the rod. But I was thinking along the lines of <u>hook and</u> <u>hold</u>. And you can't hold a carp out of a snag with a forgiving tip can you?

Reaction score
I would think that it depends on many things , how snagy is the snag ,which in most cases would be unknown ,are you fishing deep into that snag or are you fishing with the baitnear the snag : say 6ft away , are you sitting over that rod for the complete session with no distractions at all and are you fishing with just one rod because in this situation one rod is more than enough .