Review - Chub Lounger Reclining Chair

T

Thalia

It looks like a nice bit of kit Jeff as does almost everything Chub makes these days. But isn't it a bit heavy? It's twice the weight of the Lo-Lite X-tra or the Hi-Lite chairs. Might be a hard trek taking off across more than a field or so................

W

Wolfman Woody

Exactly what I said in the review. It is comfortable though, get some little nice sleeps in it without falling off the sides.

As for the "(fat b******s)" bit, I would just like to say here and now that I didn't put that in my text at all. It's all down to what is know as "Editor's Licence"!

Methinks he'd been looking in the mirror just before he put the review up and the description of the reflection must have leapt to the forefront of his mind as he was editing it. Too many meat and 'tata pies I say!

T

teecee

Is this for real?A fishing chair weighing 17lbs-MUST be a joke eh?Have the manufacturers ever walked to the car from the shops with 8xlarge bags of sugar??

It may wellmade andfine for oldies and the overweight but surely the chances of a heart attack on the bank must be enhanced after lugging this down the bank!

Yes,I realise it was designed for everyone but even a carp man/rover would think twice before buying this-so what market was it designed to attract and who advised them that has everbeen fishing??

With so many alternatives on the market(which may or may not last donkeys years)why would anyone go for this...plus,how easy is it to strike with armrests......

Perhaps I'm missing something.......

T

The Monk

I think the think is its a lounger chair and not a stalking chair, more aimed at the longer sessions either instead of or to suppliment the use of a bedchair

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
The first thing I check on when buying a chair is the weight, to me it is the most important thing and then, and only then do I check it for comfort. I would suggest there are chairs on the market now that are equally as comfortable and equally as strong but only half of the weight, or less, of this chair.

Would I be right in saying that the all dancing Korum chair isn't even as heavy as this Chub chair and as soon as I felt the weight of that I dismissed it as impractical for ariver angler but do they take river anglers into consideration when designing chairs like this? I doubt it very much, they are probably designed with pool anglers in mind and for that purpose it is probably okay but even then a barrow is probably necessary seeing as it is ideal for old farts such as me who don't appreciate carting heavy gear round a lake.

J K

Reaction score
I'm with you Graham about the weight thing. I've got a Fox adjusta for my river fishing, the thing that attracted me to it was it's lightweight. I suppose on the commercials where you can park behind your peg weight is irrelevant. On my club pools the paths around them are not made up very well and using a trolley can be hard work getting to your chosen swim. But look at it another way it's cheaper than going to a gym!

T

The Monk

it may be cheaper than going to the gym but unless you get a second one for the other arm you`ll finish up lobsided/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

You're right monk.

My right arm is now like Charles Atlas' and I could lift a young bullock with it, but my left arm is like the Milky Bar kid's. Can I get a jacket to fit these days?

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

I do warn that it is heavy, it's also cumbersome to set up, but it is comfortable and you certainly get a good sleep in it to make up for the energy you've expended getting to your swim.

J K

Reaction score
you`ll finish up lobsided/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif ..... as the saying goes 99 change hands or in this case arms!/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif