looking to buy 2rods

Reaction score
can anyone advise me on a pair of rods that i could use for both carp and pike fishing , ive been looking at the greys prodigy 2.75 tc , would these be suitable ?

wayne brooks

Reaction score
should be ok mate but for the pike side of things i'd be tempted to go for a heavier test curve if your gonna lob out deadbaits. 2 3/4 may be a bit soft.

Julian Barber

Reaction score
Go for the 3lb prodigy's. I have these, bought for same purpose really. Occasional long range carp work and a bit of winter piking.

They a surprisingly forgiving action for such high test curve rods. I usually use very soft through actioned rods and was nervous about 3lbers but I'm starting to use them for more and more of my carpfishing, a testament to their action.

They will quite happily chuck out a deadbait for you too.

steveo

Reaction score
Free Spirit 3 1/4 lb XS's.Lovely progressive action to soak up those scorching Pike run's.Feel softer tham my 2 3/4 Amorphous's.

ChrisM (ACA)

Reaction score
I've not used 'em, but having heard comments from others and seen the destruction test video on the web, the Chub Outkast look like good value for money.

C

Cakey

Id still rather have seperate carp and pike rods .........................

C

Cakey

pike rods tend to get abused so Id rather look after my carp rods !

R

Roto Fryer 1

don't forget you get a lifetime warranty with Grey's rods

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Harry....i have 3 thick walled Harrisons, they were made specially for a shop in Kent, Full cork handles, fuji fittings (SIC)

PM me if you are interested, they will make great carp and pike rods..........

WWFC

Trisantona

Reaction score
Lifetime warranty ?,ripped mine up,got to pay postage both ways plus £20 ,not worth the card they're printed on,in 52 years fishing only had one rod break when some yobbo trod on it.!!!!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I reckon they still make a profit on the rods at £20! they lose sweet FA.

tom jackson

Reaction score
id go for something cheap because when you are piking they will get knocked around a bit

Reaction score
i ended up buying 4 rods , 2 greys prods 2 3/4 tc and 2 cheap fox rods 3 lb tc off ebay

my mrs thinks im stupid , got enough rods n reelsto take an army fishing but its addictive