Anglers Mail

• Thread starter Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt
  • Start date
W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Doreen just picked a copy of it off the shelf and Rita charged her £2.50 for it, surely Rita's cocked the price up right?

J

Jeff Spiller ( ACA)

you should be out fishing, not watching girlie soap's.

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

W

Wolfman Woody

Didn't know Doreen went fishing even.

Here's another goof on TV. 'Er indoors was watching Robin Hood this afternoon when one of the medieval sorts jumps a wall or something only to reveal that the soles of his shoes are moulded rubber with a real good tread on them. Didn't know Doc Martins were made in them days.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I hear that AM are gonna do the Doreen cup.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Rita did ask Doreen why she was buying the Anglers Mail and she said it was for some bloke, didnt catch his name.

ChrisM (ACA)

Reaction score
Hah ha!

I also bought the Mail this week for the first time in a while, and thought they should re-name it - 'The Welch Weekly'

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

I have booked into a beuticians for a compleate overhaul......i am to get my hair brushed back and gelled and my nails manicured.

Well i did hear a whisper that the next 007 is to be selected from the.................

B

Bill Cox

Wouldn't wipe my arse on either of them but if i had to choose AT would just edge it.

Paul C

Reaction score
"Wouldn't wipe my arse on either of them"

A bit too coarse eh?

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
It's £1.50 Wol i bought it last week for the first time in ages, and i still enjoyed reading it. I buy AT without fail every week, and i will continue to do so for a very long time i think.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
£1.50? we've been ripped off here, they charge us £1.60 /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

ChrisM (ACA)

Reaction score
Yep it has gone up, but I do like the AT and like Wendy enjoy reading it.

I tell you what would be nice though, if a small percentage of the cover price went to support some of the better angling organisations..... just a thought!

honslow

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comments. Regarding the droll ones... keep 'em coming, I might hear an original one eventually!

My email's in the paper Ray. Ha, ha!