Stitched up again....

E

EC

So the proposed increase in minimum Bass sizes has not now happened. It appears that the evidence put forward by BASS/NFSAin favour of the size increase has been ignored by the minister for fisheries, and the minimum size is to remain as is!

Imight have expected to read a plethora of angryoutbursts from spokespeoplefrom each of our elected, and non elected governing bodies and representative groups. Home pages of all disciplines alive andas one condemning the decision,calling for a show of defiance from anglers, a standard letter to print off, sign, and send to your local MP, a call toboycott supermarket fish counters' across the country, something, anything, to alert and mobilisethe average angler in the street andmake a show of angling unity!

But alas not, aside from the BASS website, where there is a joint statement from BASS and the NFSA there is nothing on any of the other sites that I visited.

In the long term, angling is f***ed isn't it?

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Eddie.........if we don't get our act together, yep.

alan

Reaction score
the problem is i cant say on here or email the twats without getting myself locked up for abuse, threats etc.

C

Cakey

I was listening to KA on the way to the Severn fish-in and couldnt believed what I was hearing

a total waste of f*ck*ng time

C

Cakey

sorry Graham but it has to be said...................................

ChrisM (ACA)

Reaction score
I heard Keith fuming about this too.
We do need some unity and to start topunch our weight.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Eddie,it doesn`t matter how noble the cause,as long as i have a hole in my backside,there will never be any unity in angling.It`s a bloody shame really because if all the angling bodies and ordinary joe publiccould get together and fight the good fight,then anglers would have a huge political voice etc....

I`m afraid that apathy rules supreme in our sport and i`m sorry to say that i have been guilty of it at somestage in my fishing life.Nowadays if i can do my little bit by signing a petition to help our game or sea angling buddies then i will,i would like to think that they would do the deccent thing and do the same for us.

I wonder what would happen if an announce ment was to be made saying "all forms of angling were to be banned in GT.Britain andIreland" we would soon see bloody unity then wouldn`t we!!!

C

Cakey

no Nick..........we would do the british thing and say"ok then"