CEMEX Angling – Angling Trust Offer Brokering Service

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I've been in touch with Mike Heylin (copied Martin) about these sales. What concerns me is that most, if not all, clubs will not be able to afford these waters even if they are split into lots. Frankly, even if I had the money as a private investor I would have to query how much to bid for them, fishing is not a highly profitable game these days, hence Cemex getting out, I guess.

It would be a tremendous pity though if these waters were lost to angling. So I am asking about leases also and see if there are any possibilities there.

I suppose the sale is just for the fishing rights and not the land also since with gravel pits goes a responsibility to infill them (if ever) with the correct types of materials and not any old garbage along with specific topsoils. What happens if you do buy the fishing rights and later, someone wants to infill them? Whilst it was always under the control of one company, Cemex, it was easy to manage, but if rights and ownership start getting split it creates a nightmare.

But what do you think?