Barbel Fishing – The Barbel Society Show 2012

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks FM for putting this up,it is much appreciated.

Tickets going well and it's only April, so get in quick and before The Boss books your Sunday for the Queens do!

The hotel rooms are fully booked for the Saturday night get together, so I won't be drinking alone! :guinness::guinness::guinness:

Rich Frampton

Reaction score
Great news regarding the show!!!!
Wives,Partners and nippers can come along too..................... FREE OF CHARGE!!!!
So make it a family day out....the venue is great so there is plenty to do for all!!

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have you got something special arranged for the nippers Rich. I remember when all juniors used to get a goody bag and on the 10th anniversary Matt Hayes gave them all a private coaching session during the lunch break.

Rich Frampton

Reaction score
Not yet Ade. Good idea ..... I'll see if we can get something put together though.
Thanks for the advice.

Rich.

Judas Priest

Reaction score
What about a junior section fishing day Rich ?

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

Rich as you say
So make it a family day out....the venue is great so there is plenty to do for all!!

I really feel like popping along to this but, as my better half isn't interested in fishing and the kids will be bored after an hour, the Lady has asked me to find out what is the "plenty to do for all" bit ?

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well Phil there are all the hotel facilities, swimming pool, sauna, beauty salon and Rich is working on getting special rates for those who will be paying the bill

Thanks for asking

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

.......and in case you haven't seen it,(which you wouldn't I suppose) there is a family weekend arranged at Sutton on Trent in July.

Judas Priest

Reaction score
No probs fred as I thought the hotel would charge extra for everything and I wouldn't want to turn up thinking my £10 got me or my family anything other than entrance to the fishing bit.

Nice one on the family day at Sutton. Is there going to be anything going on for the non fishing sections of the family to do ?

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Be a bit of a prat if you did Phil!

What at Sutton ? I suppose they could go rock climbing or round up the cows!:D

If you mean the show, then probably not, we won't be running a creche! But if the sun's shining they can sit around the lake with a picnic I suppose and sunbathe or generally make their own fun like families do

Last edited:

Judas Priest

Reaction score
After your bit about Sutton, thought I'd have a look.

Forgive me if i'm mistaken. I take it the £10 non fishery member cost bit is for the fishing, as if memory serves Sutton has public access for free. So if I fancy just popping down for a chat and a walk and watch it won't cost me a penny.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's right,the £10 is a "day ticket" for fishing members and their family to cover the insurance aspect.

Indeed it is a public right of way so you are entitled to walk the marsh and chat to whom you may wish.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Be a bit of a prat if you did Phil!

What at Sutton ? I suppose they could go rock climbing or round up the cows!:D

If you mean the show, then probably not, we won't be running a creche! But if the sun's shining they can sit around the lake with a picnic I suppose and sunbathe or generally make their own fun like families do

More than a hint of sarcasm in this post Fred.

Reading between the lines of this offer I suppose what you are really trying to say is, 'ticket sales are a bit slow so could you could please bring the wife and kids so at least the room won't be half empty?'.

And I thought you had no kids, in that case are you the best bloke to be giving advice on how families should fill their time? It's a bit like the pope, (the ex Hitler youth religious bloke not the barbel cult leader) giving marriage guidance advice.

Ade.

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Ade,
Forget the sarcasm if there was any, I want to know why there is a £1 surcharge for using paypal. According to the little green lights the two Elvis' left the building just after I asked.

Kind regards
Ray

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
People who buy a ticket by post send a stamp addressed envelope, people who use PayPal pay towards the PayPal costs, Ray.

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

By the way Ray, I was watching the the 6o'clock news, the One Show and Bang goes the Theory around the time you were posting.

Regards Fred ( one of five kids!)

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
I thought I asked Rich but thanks for answering Fred:) 10% seems a bit much to me Fred and I doubt the Society will be paying the full £1 in charges if indeed charges even apply to move money to a linked bank account.

I reckon any potential attendees would be better served waiting for the announcement that tickets will be available on the door come the show;)

Watching the one show when I posted were you, nothing wrong with my theory maybe the fault was with the little green lights;)

kind regards
Ray

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My guess knowing Rich's business Ray, is that he was tramping round some farmers field!
As for the show tickets the choice is yours, but you may not get in on the door the way they are going at present with still a month to go!

Rich Frampton

Reaction score
Just to reiterate that the Barbel Show is shaping up to be as good as it always is.
The biggest and best Barbel event of the year!!!

:)

Rich.