scales

gerry hill

Reaction score
just recently started carp fishing and i have had some tackle given to me rods,reels, nets,weighing sling and a set of scales without any instuctions.

how do i turn them onand off

gerry hill

gerry hill

Reaction score
thanks for your reply fred as i did not know i took out the batteries.

gerry

W

Wolfman Woody

I've never had any or used them, but does the "ON" switch also act as the "OFF" switch? EG. Press and hold the "ON" switch to see if it turns off the readout. That's how my desk scales work.

Other than that, do they swtch off automatically after 1minute or so? My Ron Thomson ones do.

F

Fred Bonney

Me neither Jeff,but I've read somewhere, they don't have a switch, as a result theyare heavy on batteries.

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
Put new batteries in them by sliding the back off, they take 2 pencil type ones. Then you press time and toggle between the last 2 buttons to set time. Then when you are ready to weigh a fish just press scale button.

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
hi there i have the instructions for set of scales if you leave your details in an email i will gladly send them to you no problem iv had mine for ages when they first came out never had a problem and no u cant turn them off the time is displayed permanantly but battery useage is minimal if you use quality batteries get in touch if you want the instructions cheers

wayne brooks

Reaction score
put em on ebay, get some rubens and save £2000 a year on batteries mate

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
iv put the instructions in the post for you today hope they of use to you m8 take no notice of the rubbish about batteries they are not a problem

gerry hill

Reaction score
thanks to youall who replied to my question on the scales i now have the instuctions

thanks to richard turner.

gerry hill

davie

Reaction score
well done richard,,another fine example of this site at work..if people can help i find they usually do

TheNomadicOne

Reaction score
Had no problems at all with my Fox digital scales since I bought them in May/June. They have weighed in excess of 70 fish so far (including night use with the backlight) and the battery level is still the same as it was when they were put in. Batteries haven't been removed either. I used the Hybrio rechargables (reason was because of all the reports of batteries going flat quickly with the scales) and they have not been recharged yet. I checked the battery level earlier and still showing 75% capacity.

C

Cakey

I fitted a sliding on /off switch to mine batteries will now last years !

every ones going back to analogue scales because of the different readings at different temperatures

Mad Dog

Reaction score
im not going back to old school.

foxdigital scales are good enough for weights and measures brigade.

no big donk needle ex hospital clock for me lads/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

dean?o

Reaction score
i bought a seta couple ofyears agoand have to say they are great. i have had no battery problems or weighing issue`s. worth mentioning though, fox stipulate they will require re-calibrating after a certain time period in which you have to send them to fox to do. we will see i guess.