Fishing near Epping

M

MattyB

Gentlemen and ladies,Can anyone please recommend decent river fishing within an hour's drive of Epping in Essex?Ideally after some roving targeting chub, barbel (I know it's not the ideal area!) and a bit of pike action.Any help gratefully received. Will consider any wildish (rather than commercial) still water if anyone knows of anywhere fishing particularly well at present.Thanks in advanceMatt

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Try any part of the Lea, i has loads of fish and not that many fish it now. It may take you a while to find the fish but they are there, and chub go 8lb plus. Plenty of pike but not that big, but good fun.

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

oi cakey dont send him down on my patch lol

B

seriously matty try down the lea between stanstead abbotts and ware mate good pike fun and chub, carp too and if you can find em bream arethere.aint been fishing well this last week or so but with a bit of rain it will come back. waters like jin at mo.

C

Cakey

I live a 1/4 mile from the biggest barbel ,biggest chub and biggest carp.................

and no its not Broxbourne

C

Cakey

cant remember where yours is Chubber but Ill take you on mine one day and you can take me on yours

B

thatl be nice mate never ever caughta barbel yet so would be nice i think i,v located some for next week so i,m gonna try. but i,m told there are very few there so not getting me hopes up.

B

i,m in ware cakey well just outside but i fish the lea and surrounding area,s got the slipe lane pits too but dont fish pits much dont suit me centre pins lol

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Bob,

Cakey is just around the corner from me, i know his patch.

I am working in ware as from Wednesday, have a nice bit of the Lea lined up, trying to see if i can take a guest, its private but will have to wait to see what the owners say.

B

private bit of lea in ware you got me there mate only one private bit and i got that i think but if you want to come chubbin then just ask mate i,ll take ya.mind you you might be in the same club as me mate lol.

C

Cakey

Chubber its no secret Im after perch at the mo and they can be any where !

but for big chub ,barbel it has to be Fishers Green with a Cemex ticket