Is This The BBC Actually Promoting Angling At Last?

stu_the_blank

Reaction score
If you are interested, turn on Talksport now. He's coming on to talk to Keith Arthur in the next hour.

Stu

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Promoting Angling? No, merely the BBC's Westminster Village / Today Programme bods covering Big Society politics. Just been looking at some emails from 2006, '07 and '08 from these people, including the author: odd, they were questioning my every word and opinion on the old Fly Fishing Forums (and becoming sensationally rude at times), then followed me to Barbel Fishing World (after I was banned from FFF, which was then majoring on all the new Rivers and Spottie Trusts, repairing rivers, flyboy posho volunteers etc, for virtually unanswerably questioning some of their ideas and, perhaps, for using the signature "aquaticgolfcourses.con" beneath my postings), even inviting me to their annual dinner (which I couldn't do, telling them that I was then caring 365 24/7 for an octogenarian mother in her last year or two), then slamming into me online once again. Big Society for the likes of us, a shrunken, degraded, ripped-up and flogged-off thing for you...

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
C'mon Paul, stop sitting on the fance. Tell us what you really feel :rolleyes::D

Feel? Nah. Such sorts are not worthy of expressions of feeling, for they only deal in "What's in it for me?" calculation. Takes an Old Carthusian to know an Old Harrovian, you know...

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Feel? Nah. Such sorts are not worthy of expressions of feeling, for they only deal in "What's in it for me?" calculation. Takes an Old Carthusian to know an Old Harrovian, you know...

Paul are you Paul Boote author of somewhere down the crazy river ?

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No. An at times heavily sedated psychotic, maybe, but nothing to do with that book. Wot? Me, mate..."

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Keep clinging to that rock, benny.

yes its a great sig isn't it , had to edit it to get it to the required size , all my own work and I like it , took my Daughter to Leicester UNI the other day she wants to study biology and has been offered ABB ( fingers crossed ) and got talking to one of the lecturers about which bits of the brain do things as opposed to the spinal brain, anyway didn't understand a word he said but one of the guys in his lab had this wicked microscope thingy that had all sorts of wires attached to it, they are using fish to try and identify the gene associated with motor neurone syndrome , so a real cutting edge research facility. Anyway the point being that the more you understand the more you uncover that there ight not be anywhere to hide the soul.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyway the point being that the more you understand the more you uncover that there might not be anywhere to hide the soul.

Admirable stuff, benny, something that some of our more benighted in ignorance and prejudice Angling movers and shakers might consider....