Carp rods part 2!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
well after a long think I have decided that some proper carp gear is needed for the coming season and have decided in a pair of 2.75 test curve rods costing no more than £160 each. I want a nice ''fishing rod'' action, not a poker, but which one?

Thanks

Mark
PS: The reels are sorted (XT Baitrunners of course!) and also pod and alarm's.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Chub Outkasts...but dont take my word for it. I know nowt about carping but these are the ONLY carp rods I've ever handled that felt like fishing rods and not trawler booms. Maybe a bit too cheap for a tackle tart though Mark;)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Look for some shimano diaflash specimine ( the originals not the bugs) rods.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Chub Outkasts...but dont take my word for it. I know nowt about carping but these are the ONLY carp rods I've ever handled that felt like fishing rods and not trawler booms. Maybe a bit too cheap for a tackle tart though Mark;)

I am not really a tackle tart, just like nice gear!

MARK

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

Century NG's.
I'm regretting selling mine.

you tell me where I can get NGs from for that price and I will give you the difference!!

Mark

barbelboi

Reaction score
I am not really a tackle tart, just like nice gear!

MARK

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

Well get yourself a pair of balista slims and pay a few quid extra ;)- beautiful action on the 2.75 and blanks almost as slim as a 1.75 barbel rod
Jerry
PS Ooops they're made by you know who:wh

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Only teasing...I know exactly what you mean and as I've often said...if not now...when ?

Dont dismiss the Outkast's though. Really,really nice action though they may not put a lead into orbit.

I don't want rods that will but Armstrong on the moon, I just want proper fishing rods, will have a look at them skippy

Mark

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Despite swearing that I never would I'm going to have a go at this carping lark this year. Being a bit of a perfectionist & a dreadful TT I would normally fiddle & faff about for ages deciding what gear to get but as soon as I picked an Outkast up I knew it was the rod for me. They bend,Mark...like proper rods should.

Last carp rod I bought was an 11' glass Jack Hilton [tc 1.5lb !] from Alan Brown in Hitchin. I think I was about 18 and it cost me £25. Still got it somewhere.

dangermouse

Reaction score
Despite swearing that I never would I'm going to have a go at this carping lark this year.

Pffft, no intestinal fortitude, that`s your problem. I mean c`mon next you`ll be telling us you`re going to buy a pole.

Oh wait . . .

:wh ;) :D

barbelboi

Reaction score
Despite swearing that I never would I'm going to have a go at this carping lark this year. Being a bit of a perfectionist & a dreadful TT I would normally fiddle & faff about for ages deciding what gear to get but as soon as I picked an Outkast up I knew it was the rod for me. They bend,Mark...like proper rods should.

Last carp rod I bought was an 11' glass Jack Hilton [tc 1.5lb !] from Alan Brown in Hitchin. I think I was about 18 and it cost me £25. Still got it somewhere.

Well Skippy, apart from a few other local waters (you know where), our club waters have at least four venues that hold carp to big 30's.
Jerry
PS For most of them a decent barbel rod is all you need - with very few snags I hardly ever bring out anything more frightening;)

themyth

Reaction score
you will get a decent pair of torrix's for £150 a piece second hand,harrison or century would be my choice,as mentioned earlier,the NG's are a very good all round rod also.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A pair of Century rods, a stainless pod and bars, a pair of delkim alarms, and a nice pair of Shimano XTR Baitrunners...BLOODY HELL, HOW MUCH!!!

Mark

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Well Skippy, apart from a few other local waters (you know where), our club waters have at least four venues that hold carp to big 30's.
Jerry
PS For most of them a decent barbel rod is all you need - with very few snags I hardly ever bring out anything more frightening;)

Jerry...I'm just looking for an excuse to buy another rod. I've never done it and I just need to prove to meself that I can. Then it will all go away again and I can concentrate on proper fishing.

Mouse...you are a saucy get and you will get your comeuppance :D

billy whizz

Reaction score
Mark,

Get yourself this lovely pair of shimano twin powers;

Original Japanese built shimanos, lightweight with a lovely through action, just fantastic as long as you don't want to blast it more than 100yds

.two 2.5 t/c twin power shimano rods and two 5010 shimano baitrunner | eBay

Its not me selling them, it is tempting to add to my collection of original twin powers and diaflashes, but I have enough.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mark,

Get yourself this lovely pair of shimano twin powers;

Original Japanese built shimanos, lightweight with a lovely through action, just fantastic as long as you don't want to blast it more than 100yds

.two 2.5 t/c twin power shimano rods and two 5010 shimano baitrunner | eBay

Its not me selling them, it is tempting to add to my collection of original twin powers and diaflashes, but I have enough.

Thanks mate,
but has I have said on here before I don't do Ebay or secondhand, they were nice rods though those old Shimano's

Mark

terry m

Reaction score
Century NG's.
I'm regretting selling mine.

At the risk of repeating other posts, Century NGs for me too, I have had a set for a few years now they are superb. And, if price is the roadblock then buy second hand, or better still hold on until you can afford them.

The quality will remain long after the price is forgotten!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have decided to wait a while and get myself a pair of NGs I know if I bought cheaper that I might regret it later!
A few things I considered, resale value, (if I realise carping is not for me) build quality, action, oh, and prestige!! Seriously though, I have looked at these rods and compared them to cheaper rods and they outshine them all and the prices are not that bad when you look around!

Mark