Barbel Fishing - Last Orders

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Know what you mean guys BUT, the site appears to have secured sponsorship in some shape or form from this company going by the amount of "articles" and adverts that have appeared lately.
It's up to the individual whether they believe the blurb that surrounds any bait being pushed so heavily.

Remember
In a lot of ways, not allways good, that Barbel are the new Carp and there is an awful lot of hype surrounding baits, rigs and "experts" trying to make a name for themselves :-(

Reaction score
Think you may be right JP but we mods keep ourselves well away from the commercial stuff.

Pure and chaste that's us 4!!

I'm sure our readership are able to make their own judgements about any enticements.

(Mod seeks hat, coat and taxi for fast exit)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Know what you mean guys BUT, the site appears to have secured sponsorship in some shape or form from this company going by the amount of "articles" and adverts that have appeared lately.
It's up to the individual whether they believe the blurb that surrounds any bait being pushed so heavily.

Remember
In a lot of ways, not allways good, that Barbel are the new Carp and there is an awful lot of hype surrounding baits, rigs and "experts" trying to make a name for themselves :-(

I only ever use authentic Tickle Tackle Bait and Tackle ....

Their pellets double up as convincing Ferrero Rocher if the Ambassador should pop over un-announced...

And despite PVA stocking being absent from the official catalogue.... Kevin will provide genuine French sheer denier from his personal collection on request... ;)

Paul Morley

Reaction score
I really thought FM had moved away from this - some recent articles have been excellent but I felt this was imbalanced. It's possible to satisfy the commercial requirements less transparently, especially down such a well-trodden path as pellets and the like (which have been crtiticised by FM's Editor). If we want to expose ourselves to such material the printed media is already weighed down with it. I hope there's a nice Tench article waiting in the wings... perhaps Jollye's Pets Stores will sponsor my hemp and pigeon seed use then I could write one....

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Posh

At no time would I infer that you mods have anything to do with the commercial side of things, well not sober anyway.

****y

Does he do the "PVA" (wink wink nudge) in size 12 ?

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Good Angler is Justin. Fished with him a few times.

Enjoyed the article and interested in the meat based products N-Tice he mentions as never heard of it before.

Graham

Will Barnard

Reaction score
N-tice is pretty good Graham, Gets lots of interest from those elusive Hambridge Crucians.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Tickle Tackle aren't paying me enough so I've dumped them. The problem is that Kevin used some kind of wonder glue (probably got some nano in it ;)) and I can't get the sticker off the back of my car :mad:

The Entice is a decent groudbait that makes a good alternative to the usual fishmeal/ground pellet stuff. Just to balance this as Bait Tech aren't paying me I've found their Polony almost impossible to keep on hook or hair. Another product designed for pole fishing methinks.

Will Barnard

Reaction score
Red Creel: Few problems with H that we are dealing with. The main issue has come from the spoil from the road/estate and warehouses getting in via the moor stream. All the fish are their but not happy enough to play ball. Some very big crucians and very good tench. PM on the RDAA forum and I'll put you right

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

Sean, I see your point about the meat, I tend to leave it in the sun for a while. Most of the time when using it for cru's and tench it's just off the rod tip so no issue with casting it.

red creel

Reaction score
Hi Will
Yes i was aware of the ongoing problems with the water quality at H but had not dangled a line there for two seasons.Furthermore i quite often have to drive down the road ajacent to the car park but cannot remember the last time i saw a car in there, in short i thought the place had been abandoned by anglers.Many thanks for the heads up though and i will drop you a PM via the clubs website shortly.

Cheers Andy:thumbs:

Reaction score
Sean - Tickletackle....paying!! You've been on the sauce again, told you to steer clear of Morrisons own label brown!! Tickletackle don't pay but their sticky labels will hold anything in place...gather they're the preferred supplier for the Mars mission!!

Given your recommendation of N-tice I'll give it a try next time I need groundbait....although I'm always suspicious of anything that sounds like a boy-band. Explains why Tickletackle's "One Direction" catapaults don't sell.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Sean and Will.

Might have a little play with the groundbait on a local well stocked tench lake nearby.

Least the article got some thoughts going.

Graham