the hunt for big boris(barbel)

dave stokes

Reaction score
for anybody who is fresh to the area ,or wondering just where and when to fish for the fish that try to pull you in try http://www.barbel-fishing.me.uk..../forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

this website has a lot of friendly guys that dedicate alot of time to barbel and let everybody know to the ounce fish caught this week etc + the science of predicting when fish will feed by what the moon is doing !!!/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

a load of good pics too ./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Paul Boyle 2

Reaction score
Hello dave

Ive just had a look at your website..looked good..so have joined your forum.

Im currently working in derby traveling down the a38 from birmingham every day and seen the dove,as it passes over the a38,never fished it but it looks like a great river,with some big barbs i hear,so im glad you have posted your website,might get some help from the lads on the forum.

anyway see on the site

atvb paul.

dave stokes

Reaction score
hiya paul.

not my website mate , just one of many i go on ...i saw the mention of " another big barbel caught on the trent " and thought this site would help those who are looking , the web guy is called paul and trust me when i tell you ....he knows his river trent .....

tight lines.

dave s./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Nice site Dave.

Any chance of adding a link to FM?

Paul Boyle 2

Reaction score
Fishing magic dave.....this website

Cant seem to get my account activated..on barbelfishing adventure.

paul

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Sorry Dave, I thought given your post it was your baby.

dave stokes

Reaction score
god i'm thick at times ...yes mate ..have mentioned this site to loads of people inc paul.

f.m for the short time i have known it has proven excellent , the tackle / clothing bit is great too , just bought a pair of neoprene gloves - socks off here in the hope i dont get frostbite this w/end like two wks ago.

dave s.

p.s.

keep trying barbelfishing adventure ...took me a while but it does seem a popular site./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Nice one! Just had a shufti at the "set-ups" column, and was impressed by the dodge of tying a large hair-loop with a knot half-way along the loop, to double your options. This is clearly a thinking angler's site!

dave stokes

Reaction score
as the bigger fish get harder to catch in some waters it pays to keep abreast of new methods ...and it's usually the anglers who do this that " puts em on the bank "./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif.

Paul Boyle 2

Reaction score
Still cant get that website to email me a acdivation number

anyone having problems too ???

paul

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
the site belongs to my mate paul ,the forums side you should check your e-mail as you should of got a e-mail confirmation with avalidation link ,i recall ,the e-mail will be from forum@aceboard.net ,just check it hasn't been filtered into a junkmail folder in your e-mail software ?. but if not contact paul "barbelboy" on sluznjen@fsmail.net and he should be able to sort it direct .

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Dave, maybe you could ask your mate Paul to put a link on his site to FishingMagic, along with all the others, being as this site is helping to put him on the map.

dave stokes

Reaction score
weather forecast now not too bad , thought the we-end was going to be freezing but giving 12deg...................

no frost either with little winds and overcast ....tight lines everybody.