IDLE 8th Dec

Beecy

Reaction score
I'll start a new thread as the other ones too long and messy

Ive been down to Haxey today, did ok, about 4-5 lb of roach, nothing massive but somenice chunky ones up to 6-8 oz, would have had a lot more if it wasnt for a pig of a wind coming straightacross at me.

I had breakfast in the pub and had a chat with the landlady, all the 8 rooms are booked but there is a bit of uncertainty about 1 booking, it seems someone has provisionalybooked a room but left no name, they have just said they are with the'Internt party'.

Sorry about this, i should have wrote it down but i was shaking off a hangover this morning and wasnt thinking straight, but from memory, the seven confirmed room bookings are in the names of :-

Graham,Monica,Maidment,Baron,Crowther,Spiller,Hewit ( im not 100% on this, but those who have confirmed/payed will know who you are and there is no need to worry about it )

so if you are not one of these but think you have a room booked you need to phone Anne at the Gate to confirm, she says if she does not here antything within a week she will consider the room to be vacant again.

She has also confirmed that most of the people who have booked singles will have spare beds in the rooms, so there is scope for more people to stay sharing rooms, this can be sorted out amongst yourselves. I may even decide to stay myself if there is room and someone will let me in

The Pub opens for Breakfasts at 7.00 AM, If you are definately coming and will be wanting breakfast can you post on here please, as they have asked that i give them a roughidea of numbers so they can be prepared.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hi Beecy,

We will be driving up very early, not sure if we will be there for 7am though?

Keep the reports coming mate, bread maggots or castors for the roach?

Beecy

Reaction score
steve, dosnt matter what time you get there, she says shes ok for food from 7-9 ish although if anyone is a bit later im sure shed sort you out. They do the usual fare, full english, bacon/sos sarnies etc

I dont have to give her exact numbers, she just said it would be nice to have an idea in case she needed to bring another staff member in as she would struggle on her own if 20 people turned up at once

as for the Roach, 14mm pineaple pop ups are doing the damage at the moment, they wont touch anything else

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hehehehe

Not taking "our" little match too seriously then Beecy /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Still not sure about brekie, we might find a greasy spoon on the way, don't want to waste any fishing time!

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Steve.........will you give me a kick for the Sunday breaky?

I'll be camatose on the bar floor....a quick un in the ribs and i will be up and about and into the bacon and eggs.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Dunno Paul?.......Depends how much ale you force down me neck on Saturday night /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Looks like me and Scrumpiess gettin a breakfast and half!

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Don't drink to much at that place Steve..........it makes yer arse sore, mind you Ed had a big grin on his face.

Poor old Graham was distraught with shame the next morning.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I'll be driving up very early Sat morning, last time I kipped in the car in the car park before anyone else arrived!So breakfast sounds absolutely superb.

Looking forward to it.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Bryan..........you are allowed to cut eggs you know.........is it a Bolton "thing" to pick em up with yer fork and swallow em whole? /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Would not know old chap as i am from Blackburn. Bit further north you know so not as common as the south end of lancashire.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Ahhh........that explains your egg eating style then Bryan.............you being the upper class of Lancs you are perfecting your oyster eating technique!

Michael Howson

Reaction score
How much are these breakasts?

They range in price from The Super Dooper Mega King size at 25. 95£ to the half slice of toast wih margerine at 49p.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Put me down for the toast and margarine then...................I'm skint!

Do you think they'll mind if I bring me own marmite?