umbrella arms

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
I ahve he Ultimate seat box and am thinking of getting a numbrella arm - my only concern is it making the seat unstable in windy conditions - any comments? good or bad

cypryphrenia

Reaction score
As long as you keep your well fed rump on the box there will be no issue......:w:D

sam vimes

Reaction score
If you can't get the brolly spike into the ground at all, then there's the potential for the box and all to go for a burton in moderate winds if you remove your buttocks from the seat. I'll only use a brolly in light winds, regardless of whether a brolly arm is used or not. I hate having to hang on to them.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Presuming you mean brolly arms that fit on the legs of your seatbox best tip is

Get 2 and have one at the base of the leg and one at the top.
Stops the brolly blowing around and prevents the sometimes crappy aluminium
poles from buckling....

shelly

Reaction score
Push the brolly pole through brolly arm into the ground then add a set of guide ropes to the top of the brolly and peg it down, only cost about 4 quid from most tackle shops and it makes it much more stable, works fine for me.

waggy

Reaction score
You'll need a couple of guy ropes/cords upwind or it may do what my wife's brolly sometimes does and disappears upside down across the lake. I think I'll buy her a stuffed owl and pussy-cat to go with it.
Alternatively, if you get bored you could always sail your basket across the canal to see what's on the other side.

the method

Reaction score
I have a ultimate seat box and have two brackets on the back with two tightners...simply put your brolley in and tighten..its perfect.

Terry D

Reaction score
My brolly always has 2 guide tent-style guide ropes attached to the top ring and I always have 2 tent pegs in by carryall. Always peg the brolly down when in any kind of wind.