Beginner?s Essentials 4 ? Buying Other Gear 1

C

Cakey

nice one Mark
just one thing where did you get your brew making spool holder and what model ???

Deanos

Reaction score
I would get a patent on that! Korum will have one out in no time I can tell you.

(incidentally, if you have a fat person who lives in your house, wait until they go to sleep on the sofa, then wedge a pencil (with the line spool on) between their fat legs whilst you load the spool up, a natural breaking action will take place as the spool rubs against the nylon leg warmers that a lot of fat women wear....well, me mam does anyway).

C

Cakey

got one too Fred but I thought I might trade it in for a later model

Mark do they do it in a pump up model ??

TheNomadicOne

Reaction score
Should NEVER windline onto a fixed spool reel using the pencil method or allowing the spool to spin. The line should always come off the spool the same way the bail arm turns, else you will end up spooling your reel up with severely twisted line.

Pencil method is fine if you are using a multipler or centrepin though.

L

Laurie Harper

I've always wondered about this. I reckon that, yes, if you wind the line onto the reel the "wrong" way, it will be twisted <u>onthe spool of the reel</u>. However, when you cast and it comes off the spool, those twists will undo themslves at the same rate as they went on, meaning the line youhave out (i.e, the line you are actually fishing with) will not be twisted. Have I explained that badly?

'Ive tried it both ways - allowing for the way the bail arm rotates and just putting the line spool on a pencil and letting it spin - and I find the "wrong" way doesn't cause me problems. The "right" way does... The only time I suffer from line twist is if I have used the clutch a lot. The lack of bog fish I hook means that doesn't happen often...