New Angling Show set to Launch in 2013

Judas Priest

Reaction score
About time a decent show was resurrected. The old one at the NEC was very good in the early years but in the latters ended up being no better than an indoor car boot sale. Add to that the cost of parking and it became a bit of a no go'er. Saying that though I can see any show only having a certain life expectancy as no matter what you call a pole it's still a pole, bait is only bait, and a reel is a reel.

Shame that this one is planned for London though as you can almost guarrantee parking and entrance will be exorbitent. Would have been good to have it Midlands based, but hey ho it's not me who came up with the idea.

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Judas,
That's a bit selfish, it's about time us Londoner's had a show as it seems that they are always in the "Midlands" the old NASA do's were in the "Midlands". The NEC has had its share so I think the "Midlands" has had its go mate.

The Excel is a great venue and it's on my door step and in walking distance so no parking fees.:guinness:

Have to agree about life expectancies of any show, folks get a bit fed up with the same old same old people talking and slide shows but they keep a few egos in the limelight.:rolleyes:

Kind regards
Ray

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Hold on there Ray

YOU'VE got the Olympics, Paralympics,Wembley, World Athletics Champs, The Queen, street crime and no water, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT ?

Ray Wood 1

Reaction score
Judas,
You forgot Parliament and all the dodgy MP's the congestion charge the dome and the London eye:( Still we did manage to get rid of one or two undesirables no wot I mean:p

If we Londoners had a chioce I doubt we would have had the Olympics the Dome and the London Eye! We all have to thank Seb and Coe and Red Ken for the Olympics what is it now four times over budget?

And old Ken wants his job back as Mayor still I do have a chioce there mesun;)

Kind regards
Ray

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Fair do's Ray, it's certainly grim down South.

Fred

Think from reading and a bit of research it's going to be similar to the NEC in its early days. Certainly sounds like it should be a huge improvement on the shows currently doing the rounds and one, if it were closer, i'd attend.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It may be Phil, the NEC was before my time.I was still playing cricket 2 days a weekend.

If it works the same way as my recent experience at the Ricoh, then it has promise, it just needs to ensure it's audience is wide, and just a bit more than tackle selling.