Will we ever see a Wels on rod licence!

simon dunbar

Reaction score
Just got my new rod licence , with great roach painting on it. I think we have had a couple of perch and a barbel on previous licences , just wondered if a day will ever come when a Wels catfish or Zander will appear on the licence !! Hopefully a pike ,tench or chub next year ?

dezza

Reaction score
just wondered if a day will ever come when a Wels catfish or Zander will appear on the licence !! Hopefully a pike ,tench or chub next year ?

I hope that only our native species grace the licence. Wels catfish and zander do not belong here, and what the hell - rainbow trout too.

barbelboi

Reaction score
Just got my new rod licence , with great roach painting on it. I think we have had a couple of perch and a barbel on previous licences , just wondered if a day will ever come when a Wels catfish or Zander will appear on the licence !! Hopefully a pike ,tench or chub next year ?

Err, no as they are not considered indigenous by the EA's 150 year rule - but they are getting somewhat close (new rules soon?)
Jerry

terry m

Reaction score
Although it would not worry me one jot, I think the traditionalists will ensure that this will be the domain of native fish only.

thx1138

Reaction score
The images used on the 'credit card' sized licences have all been created by talented nature artist, David Miller.

What species would you like to see on next year's licence? I can always put a word in... ;)