What a naff licence!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi,
I have decided that the NRL is rubbish! why oh why do they not do the plastic ones anymore?
they might have cost more to make but at least they were waterproof and more durable. come EA, give us our monies worth!

mark

pertinaxone

Reaction score
Get mine, sign it and then laminate it... either properly, or between two bits of that sticky back plastic stuff. Sorted.

Jason

terry m

Reaction score
Stick it in the back of the wallet and then pull it out next year when the new one comes. It's not as though you will have to take it out for it to be checked is it?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I've had my licence checked maybe 3-4 times a year for the last 4-5 years. That's not often but its fairly regular and in some pretty remote places too. Maybe I just look like a wrong un ?

They could be a bit more robust. I always laminate mine.

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Personally, I was outraged. For the £72 (full licence) that I am paying, I expect nothing less than something a) in platinum, b) personally signed by upwards of ten ambassadors / fishy celebrities, and c) with a hi-def mp3 of "My Way" on the card to get me through those hours when the fish refuse to take and I demand to know why. In a word, disgusted (Godalming and Tunbridge Wells).

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They never did, did they? I never had one, always cheap paper. I'm like him :rolleyes:

I think they are plastic Jeff, It's just they are that thin they feel like paper! I am sure the one I had a couple of seasons ago was a lot thicker, I may be wrong though.

confused.com

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Just compared my two from last year with my two from this year. They feel pretty much the same, if anything the two new ones are marginally thicker.

LOL! My other half as informed me that she had my licence's laminated for me...I knew they were thicker!!!!

flightliner

Reaction score
They should be like the plastic credit cards, that way they would last for years and if the agency got there finger out they could be scanned by the bailliff with something like the utilities use. Not only that they would be good for using on the local car park barrier to insert in order to raise the arm.
Thats what they all use round here!!!

robthomo

Reaction score
If the EA got their fingers out they wouldn't waste money sending two reminders in two envelopes and two licences the same way, complete waste of money and if they can't sort out the basics like that I wouldn't hold your breath for a swipeable licence!

joeylaa

Reaction score
I've had my licence checked maybe 3-4 times a year for the last 4-5 years.

when they check it do they have things like the police do for driving licences, insurance etc?or do you have to show them the licence?. because i never take mine with me because it would be wreced after 3 or 4 trips.:confused:

barbelboi

Reaction score

robthomo

Reaction score
You should carry it really but yes they do have access to a database (pnc too I believe) and can check up on you, I've seen someone get checked on the bank and the bailiff asked him all sorts of personal details to confirm he was who he said he was

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You should carry it really but yes they do have access to a database (pnc too I believe) and can check up on you, I've seen someone get checked on the bank and the bailiff asked him all sorts of personal details to confirm he was who he said he was

It's a lot less hassle just to keep your licence on you!

robthomo

Reaction score
Yep, on the very rare occaisions I've been asked I've tended to panic as I've not seen my licences since the end of march, stuck in the permit wallet until they get chucked out the next year usually