The Pleasure Angle - Alternative Challenges #2

T

The Monk

Nice article Mark, me and my lad fished the Warwick Avon with lures a few years ago with Ron Clay, a very prolithic water for pike fishing

W

Wolfman Woody

Every time I drive up the M40 I look down at the Avon between the bridges and for 17years now (since the M40 opened) I have been saying to myself, I must fish that one day.

Nice one Mark, I love your writing.

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

Nice article Mark, like Woody I like your writing styleI must try spinning for Chub on the Ribble and definitely with a trace. Have you got any advice on the type of lure for Chub? My FM concept rod I use for my Barbel and Chubbing is excellent for spinning with andthis is where the shortened handle on the FM concept rod comes in handy, doesn’t get caught up in the pockets of baggy jackets.

G

Gary Knowles

spinning ?????.....lure fishing surely john /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

T

The Monk

surely a spinners a lure Gary, it lures the fish/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Y

yoggy

Great stuff Mark. The Avon looks and sounds a fantastic venue.

So much different from my Fen drains.!

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

I'm going through the change Gary, /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gifand I have these funny moments. Its ages since I did any spinning on rivers but there again fly fishing for sea trout is only lure fishing with feathers. In fact after I've had my tea I'm going to nip outside and dig out my lures and spinners, I bought a nice selection when our Lass bought me a two day guided pike fishing trip in Ireland for my 60th birthday.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
One of the best and interesting reads i have had in a long while....certainly got me thinking about a suitable venue where i can try it out.

More of the same please mark.