Pikers' Anger over Student Fish Kill

T

The Monk

This is a bit sad, Glad the PAC have got involved, I wonder if the antis will get involved too since they are so pro fish?

C

Cakey

Im missing a bit somwhere .....who put the idea into the students head ?

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Tells you in the news article Andy, Hadlow College.

"All the scientific evidence says so. These are supposed to be trainee fisheries scientists, we're shocked and horrified by the relish these students seem to have taken in killing pike and boasting about their exploits."

The PAC will be speaking to Hadlow College.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

The photographs have been removed from the forum.

Part of an e-mail received today

I understand the Hadlow College student? (prat might have been a better description) who put those awful dead Pike pictures on the Taxidermy blogsite has had his **se well and truly kicked for being so stupid. Expulsion might have been a better deterrent for future miscreants.

T

The Monk

good and I should think so, obviously some sort of a genetic flaw, makes you wonder how colleges vet these people these days?

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Unfortunately not every idiot in this world is instantly recognisable, some only reveal their idiosyncrasies when the opportunity presents itself.

Punishments however should be designed to deter anyone else who thinks it's a good idea.

W

Wolfman Woody

Are we not jumping the gun yet again?

God, I would hate to be tried by you lot. "I first of all sentence you to death by hanging. Now we'll get on with sending out the jury to consider a verdict. Following that we shall be listening to the case for the prosecution, but there will be no case for the defense since the crime is indefensible."

OK. We have a story that some fish were removed from a river. For what purpose - <u>research</u> and then taxidermy? Was it part of their course and was permission given by the EA? How many fish, what were their sizes and could the river sustain that amount to be removed?

Not having seen the pictures and not knowing both sides of the story I can't comment, but don't let it stop you lot from sticking your oars in staright away. "Assumption is the mother of all wars."

T

The Monk

God, I would hate to be tried by you lot. "I first of all sentence you to death by hanging. Now we'll get on with sending out the jury to consider a verdict. Following that we shall be listening to the case for the prosecution, but there will be no case for the defense since the crime is indefensible."

yep, thats about the size of it Jeff, so behave yourself

The PAC are involved with this one though Jeff and they have released the press release saying that "Fishery students culled pike on a tributary of the Thames and boasted about their exploits online".

jasper or big man

Reaction score
i live not far from said hadlow college my daughter went there briefly but she left as she couldnt deal with the over priveleged mindless spoilt idiots she met must be the same breed

W

Wolfman Woody

""Fishery students culled pike on a tributary of the Thames and boasted about their exploits online".!

Yep, and that's just ONE SIDE of the story. PACs comment on PACs story.

Strikes me that there's an element missing - The other side.