Trent Regulars

Blunderer

Reaction score
I am fishing the trent at Fiskerton from dawn till dusk on Saturday. I fish that area regularly in the summer for barbel, but this will be my first Autumn trip.

The weather forecast is set ot be 10 degrees and cloudy, the nights this week 3-4 degrees so possibly frosty. Little rain is forecast so i am assuming it will be low and clear and probably not easy.

I cannot decide how to fish. What would any of you Trent regulars do?

I am thinking of either:

1)Maggot feeder regualrly recast with medium tackle - say 6lb lineish - to attract chub, bream, roach and maybe odd barbel.

2)Trotting maggots/casters and loosefeeding

3) STraight leger a worm for whatever comes along

4) Piking with deadbaits.

5) Straightforward barbel/pellet/feeder approach

Obviously I may do a combination of the above - possibly all of them until I find fish.

What would you Trent regulars do bearing in mind the time of year and conditions? And how many pike are in the Trent? I have always thought not many.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Im going to the Upper Trent on friday so i hope the advice comes in quick and fast.

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Yes Graham and ive sent you a reply. I will give you a ring first thing in the morning Mick

webo

Reaction score
Hi Michael it will be low and clear mate so i would fish a maggot feeder right over for the chub but i would deffohave a go for the pike as well i was there in similar conditions a while back and the pike were chasing the feeder as i reeled in on quite a few occasions and they (or she if it was only one fish) was a good double at least.

It may be worth having a go for the barbel early and at last knockings as well mate good luck and tight lines.