Ron Clay's In Hospital

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Just heard from Ron. He's been taken into Rotherham General Hospital, Ward A2.

Sounds like he's bored out of his tree anddesperate fora few visitors.

Visiting is from 2 till 9pm by all accounts - providing you can drag yourselves away from the keyboards, that is.

I'm hoping to drop in on him tomorrow. Be nice if a few more did.

At least it'll give the nurses a break. Apparently they're taking turns to read Walker's biography as light relief from hearing about South Africa...

I'll update you in due course but probably won't get back on line until next week.

C

Chris Bishop

Hi Bob, long time no speak. Does he have one of those bedside phones - if so could you e-mail me the number so I can give him a ring..?

Chris B

B

Bully

Get your cheque book out though Chris. I called my son when he was in hospital, 3 mins cost me about £7 !!

Bob - if you see him pass on my regards and best wishes.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hi Bob,

Could you do the same for me please mate, I would love to speak to Ron again and maybe cheer him up a bit.

I've got my cheque book handy, but can I make a reverse charge?

I know how much Ron rabbits on!

Thanks Bob.

Steve.

Bob Roberts

Reaction score
Saw Ron this afternoon. He's had a mild stroke but is expecting to make a full recovery. No physical disability, brains still working like it did before (make up your own jokes at this point...)

By the way, they've moved him to a different ward, The Rockingham Stroke Unit, and the direct number to the desk opposite his bed is 01709 304415.

He was just being moved when I got there and obviously hadn't gotten around to sorting himself out in the new ward before I left.

He showed me a bunch of printed off posts from this site so rest assured your goodwill messages are getting through.

Best close this thread now to avoid further confusion.

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

give him all the best from chubber please.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Hope you are up and at 'em again soon Ron