BBC last night

A

Adrian Bartle

The only time I've seen anything remotely connected to coarse fishing on the BBC was last night on Rogue Traders!. A CON-testent from Fish-O-Mania was exposed as nothing more than a thief and con-man, preying on the elderly!!/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

A

Adrian Bartle

A clip was shown of the match and they mentioned the position he finished as well.

Basically it wasthe 'your walls are damp and need loads of remedial work' con. Even using the damp tester on the outside wall!!/forum/smilies/sarcastic_smiley.gif

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

He finished in 13th position; Ihope his 'luck' continues. Just a shame he comes from my part of the world. I bet his fishing mates will now give him a wide berth, that's if he had any in the first place.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
john h ,Mr Jones won the fish-o-mania 2005 final .he and his angling buddy was featured on the program ,which sensationalises the subject somewhat ,(it's got to be entertaining to watch) and their attempt to trivalize angling in a tabloid manner is laughable but however the show dose tackle the way vulnerable people are prayed upon by the morally bankrupt.

and it seems the shows production team will have to answer for a breach of copyright after screening part of the actual fish-o-mania final which is exclusively a sky sports program oops ,they'll have to say sorry for that one Ha Ha.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Interesting they should focus on his fishing exploits and not the fact he is a former professional Footballer with Tottenham Hotspur. Sky never stopped going on about it when he won Fish O'Mania and returned last year.

Tabloids should pick that up though. Sadly though football is morally bereft. Lee Hughes who killed and maimed whilst driving drunk has resumed his 'career' at Oldham after being released from prison and the FA have simply turned a blind eye.

Lets hope the NFA have more backbone when he applies for Fish O tickets next year.

E

EC

I don't think the FA turned a blind eye Pete. If someone is punished by the courts, goes to jail, is then released, thenwhat right do the FAhave to punish him further?

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
A further point is apparently this is the 2nd time that Marc Jones has appeared on this type of consumer programme, a few years ago he was 'featured' selling orthopeadic beds.

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Punished by the court. Don't make me laugh Ed. He even ran away and hid for three days before his solicitor hauled him in. He's a low life.

On that basis then can we expect Garry Glitter to be given a new recording contract and a world tour when he is released?

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
I've notdone this one before, but i've just worked out an 'anagram' of Gary Glitter,

'Target Girly'....... Christ, now that has mademe feel uneasy !!!

E

EC

Pete the issue here is not over the level of the punishment as you well know and I am not sure you can compare the actions of adrunk driver and apaedophile!

The question I asked is what right do the FAhave to punish him (Hughes)further?

C

Cakey

Peter if I get done for speeding should I then change jobs ?.........Im still a speeder

C

Cakey

and don't get me wrong I don't condone what they have done but the law doesn't cover that so they are free to go back to their old job

C

Cakey

gary glitter is a different matter and should be put down......................................

Peter Bishop

Reaction score
Many years ago a Football League referee called Kevin Mc Nally (his claim to fame was he was the only official to send off Bobby Moore) was convicted of fraud for swindling the Post Office ( he was a postmaster).

In terms of an offence it had nothing to do with football but the FA decided a dishonest referee was more than they were prepared to accept.

As soon as he was convicted the FA concelled his registration as a referee and never allowed him a second chance.Unlike Hughes Mc Nally never killed or maimed anyone.

The FA do have a sanction they could have used -the same they dealt to McNally- that is 'Bringing the game into disrepute'. They can ban anyone who fits the bill for life- Rune Hauge the agent, for one.

Sorry Eddie and Cakey but I sincerely believe he should not have been allowed to just pick up his career again as if nothing had happened. There has not be an ounce of apology from him and if you'd seen him laughing his head off at the stick he got at Prenton Park on Tuesday, and shedding mock tears, you'd want the sod banned too.

The difference I suppose with Marc Jones is that he has not been convicted of anything- all I'd say is Sky wouldn't want the risk of him reaching a Fish O final again lest it tarnished the event.