FM Lower Severn Fish-In

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
What a brilliant day!

****i and Jim did a fantastic job of organising the event, we even had tables booked in the restaurant on the evening.

We all really enjoyed it and if any new members are looking in? Have a go at an FM Fish-in, you will love it.

Conditions were very tough, but the Severn was very kind to me and Wendi in the shape of three zander, which were a first for us. As the Severn is only a stones throw away from Bristol we will be returning (next wednesday actually) to try and catch some bigger Zander.

It was brilliant to meet all the old faces and quite a few new ones too.

Well done again to ****y and Jim, put our names down for next year.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I would like to thank ****y and Jim for making it such a good weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it, even learnt what "travelling light" means!!!!!

And I got my very first Barbel, so thanks again to all who made it a great weekend, and put me down for next year. ( no getting out of it, this will have to be an annual event now as it went so well)

Mike

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Some lovely pictures there too.

Cloncker of a barbel there ****y! Congratulations..........for a small fee I will divulge my pre-baiting recipe /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

An annual Severn Fish-in sounds like a great idea.

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who came along and made it such afun social weekend! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Big congrats to Steve, Wendi, Mike andJames for their new pbs, and to Neil for producing a red-letter barbel bag against the odds.

Hopefully next year the weather/ conditionswill be kinder to us and we'll really get to see the specimen potential of this mighty river.

I hope to see a few new FM faces at the 2008 event.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Cracking write up ****y....a great fish in, you can defo put my name down for next year, although I would like to fish the Severn again soon, as there is a bertie in there with my name on.

Thanks again to you and Jim for organizing a great weekend.

F

Fred Bonney

Yes,thanks again ****y.Great write up.

The benefit of fishins organised through FM,is that many of us get a chance to fish somewhere we've not fished before, as well as meeting, some of the faces, and finding they are not, what you thought they were!!!!./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

I'll be back and not so fully laden!

Right, when's the Ribble one?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
It's the Idle then the Bristol Avon next I think Fred?

Claudia, why was Jeff busting a rib in that photo? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Really enjoyed the writeup sounds like you all had a great time/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Cracking write up ****y and a fantastic day. I loved every minute of it!

My name will be def down for next year!

Reaction score
Just been looking back through the pics and my definite favourites are Mike looking totally stunned by his 7lb plus beard, and Wendi giving it the Cheshire cat withher pb Z!

I love it when a plan comes together/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif