how to change ur bobbin colour on the cheap..

Reaction score
Guys, like a lot of us carpers out there i was getting a bit bored with the colours of my bobbins,so started looking round for some new ones as i use very light bobbins i just couldnt find anything as light.so i thought change the colour or the bobbin.

step one-raid the wifes nail polish-hardener if they have any,then just give your bobbins a coat of nail polish wait 30 mins followed by a coat of hardener then after 30 mins plance in water for 5 mins.

step two-take out the bobbins and rinse hey presto a new set of bobbins and if you want to change the colour paint straight on or you can scratch off the paint and start again.cheaper than new ones anyway...

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

I made a couple of light bobbins up the other night, out of a clear biro tube. Cut to length, and paint as suggested. Or put coloured paper inside.

TheNomadicOne

Reaction score
The other way is to buy a set of Defiant MPS Mag heads in the smallest size (less than the size of a penny including the inbuilt line clip). I use a set exclusively for light work and they are the dogs dangly bits (solar compatible). No messing about setting lineclip tension and they release as easy as anything.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Defiant MPS Mag heads?

What are they Nomad?

C

Cakey

beind doing a few round here using different coloured ping pong balls and ramming LED's up there bottoms to light them up

they look superb..............