Help!!

joeylaa

Reaction score
i have only recently bought a new pole and on the second day of using i stud on the 3rd section of it, it is a bad crack but seems usable is there a special type of glue i can use to fix it or will i have to buy a new top 3?

thanks for any help thanks :eek:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
i have only recently bought a new pole and on the second day of using i stud on the 3rd section of it, it is a bad crack but seems usable is there a special type of glue i can use to fix it or will i have to buy a new top 3?

thanks for any help thanks :eek:
Be careful if it splinters and gets into your hands it is very painful and difficult to get out.
I would get it repaired professionally, ask in the shop you bought it from if they have a repairer or try Esselle .. pole repairs. In the mean time I would order a new 3rd section if possible or a whole top 3. Always good to have spare top 3's anyway.

Terry D

Reaction score
Just remember, once repaired, it may not fit inside your other pole sections properly so best to buy a replacement/extra section anyway.

stikflote

Reaction score
If, you get it repaired professionally, it will fit inside rest of pole,ive got a repair on my number five section, done by The pole doctor in derby,lots of the lads i know have repaired sections they all fit inside pole when putting pole away

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
I'd go along with Peter's advice, it's always handy to have spare top 2s or top 3s with different rated elastic for different venues/species.

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
Chance your arm and take it back to the tackle shop. They'll either swap it or they wont, just don't say you trod on it. They will just send it back to the manufacturer for a credit anyway.