My first Trent double

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
Nice fish, put a smile on your face Fred and that is what it is all about(I'm yet to get a double this year)/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
"(I'm yet to get a double this year)"

Flash git! I've not had one for 22 years!

/forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif

Reaction score
lovely fish and great photo. thats why i go fishing, for the feeling you look to have there!
im sure i would have had my first double couple of weeks ago but hook pulled out right at the net! the bugger just sat there for a few seconds taunting me before swimming back to depths!
lets just say my face didnt look quite so happy as yours! lol
but "i'll be back!"

captain carrott

Reaction score
well done fred nice fish that.

i remeber my first double barbel from the thames, dragged my wife out the house down to the river to come and take a pic because i'd forgotten my camera at 11 o clock at night.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Well done Fred. Many congratulatios.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Well done Fred, I know how much that fish means to you.

Your smile says it all /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

G

Graham Marsden (ACA)

Nice one Fred, you'll never catch a better barbel.

F

Fred Bonney

Thanks everybody.

My first double was over two years ago,so coming from my 'local river', this fish means a lot to me.

Anyway,you know that feeling you sometimes get, your home and something tells you you've got to go to the river.

Well,that happened to me,and I had a few hours before the darts match.

Jumped in the car at 2o'clock, needed to be home by seven.

Fishing from 3:30 couple of chub knocks on my pellet rod.

Meanwhile my other rod,and centrepin down the inside,loaded with quarter of a bigtin of garlic spam straight through,no weight,sat quietly,without a movement.

5:15, no messing, the big twitch,good struggle on my Grice & Young, landed, pictures taken, and weighed, packed up, job done!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Home by 6:45.

7 pints of Tom Woods, a singles and doubles win at darts....well chuffed!

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Surprised you could even see never mind hit the board after 7 pints Fred /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Again well done.

I always remember an article published in the CSG magazine about 20 years ago entitled 'Never resist the urge'. Forget moon phases, water temp and levels, there's sometimes this unexplained notion that says you will catch...not very often in my case though.

Don't often getmany other 'urges' either.

F

Fred Bonney

John, just about got the balance right...hic/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Mike, I still wonder what that was that snapped me, while you were sitting behind me that time,when I had the reel tension full on, probably a c**p!

That's whyI dug out andstarted to use the centre pin,relying on my own control,rather than the reels!

B

Bully

Niiiiiiiiiiiice one Fred! Cracking stuff, couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.....

......apart from me/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif